Growth of UteHub webpage – brainstorm idea

Viewing 1 reply thread

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Tony, this is such a great site and as it grows with more and more users and posters, some of the best posts can quickly be pushed to the 2nd and 3rd page and therefore they might not get seen by many. I’m wondering if there can be an added “top posts” section to the right of the page with links to the top 4-5 best “liked” posts over the past 48 hours or something like that? I’ve learned a great deal of information from talented posters sucha s OnlyU and some others, and I think it merits the work and knowledge they have put in their posts to highlight the best material. 

My apologies if this is already in the works and I missed the communication. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Thanks for the comment. Please keep them coming. For a long time I’ve had the top 5 liked posts in the last 7 days shown in a module on the right column of the home page. I removed it a week or two ago in case it helped with site performance. Not sure if it made much of a difference so I could probably put it back.

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

Hey Tony, I too love the site and thanks so much for all you do! One question. Is it possible to add notifications to UteHub? I find myself constantly refreshing to see, for example, if OnlyU responded to someone’s question. Would be cool if I got a notification that let me know someone had posted or replied to a post of mine etc. Just a thought. Thanks!

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

MDUte: What kind of notification? Email? Text? Web popup? App notification?

MDUte
            Ute Fan
            @mdute

I was thinking an app notification if possible. Kind of like what Twitter does when you’re following someone and whenever they tweet, a notification pops up on my iPhone.

MDUte
            Ute Fan
            @mdute

Tony, one other thing. Not sure if this ability already exists and I’m just the dumb user that hasn’t figured out how to do it. But I’ve had a couple of times where I posted something right after someone else posted the same thing and wished I could figure out how to delete my post to avoid having redundant topics. I’ve also had other scenarios come up where my post duplicated on the same topic for some reason and wished I could delete one of the identical posts. I realize we can edit our own posts. But is there the ability for users to completely delete their posts? Thanks!

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

This might be annoying to set up, but I think it would be cool to show in the top posts section, the links to the posts but also to the right of it, the # of likes for that post so people can decipher the weight of the particular post. 

1 1

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

I would also suggest the top (or bottom, I guess) disliked posts. There are some gems in there as well.

Ute Dub
            Ute Fan
            @chestercopperpot

Are you trying to get my posts noticed or something?

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site Comments and Suggestions Growth of UteHub webpage – brainstorm idea