Help a Coug help a Ute Family in need!

Viewing 10 reply threads

Cougs or die
      Ute Fan
      @cougsordie

Does anyone have any connections with the Football program? I know this isn’t my teams board but throwing a Hail Mary. We had a pretty tragic death in the family last week. Our family member was only 34 years old and left behind a wife and 3 kids, oldest is 6yo youngest is less than 2 yo. He was a huge Utah fan and I’m trying to see if I can get a signed flag or helmet or something by some of the members of the football team to give the family. I’ll drive wherever I have to, pay whatever I have to etc… I know it would mean the world to their family. There isn’t a ton I can do to ease their pain, but I know this would at least brighten their day. Obviously I’m a Cougar through and through, but this is bigger than the rivalry. Heck I’d wear an Utah shirt to the funeral if it would bring them some joy. The funeral is this Friday so that is the deadline I’m trying to make. If it was BYU I know I could get this done no problem because I know people in the program, but I just don’t have any connections to the UofU. Thanks for any help you can offer!

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

There are a few posters here that seem to be very close to the program. Just posting to keep this up at the top of the list until one of them sees it.

Crow
      Ute Fan
      @crow

Call the football office and ask they will more than likely be the best people to contact

idahoute
      Ute Fan
      @tfute

Really sorry to hear that. Nice thing for you to do.
      I have a buddy who’s son is on the team. Paged him….

Waybackutefan
      Ute Fan
      @waybackutefan

Sorry for your loss.

you might want to post this on Cougarboard as well there are several Utes who are regs on there.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Ute Fan
      @jvhoofs

So sorry for the family. Sometimes we take rivalries and sports way too serious. Reality brings us back to what’s most important in life. We can all learn from your kind thoughts.

UteManX
      Ute Fan
      @utemanx

Hey, Contact 801-581-8563 for the main offices or 801-581-3508, Lisa Bouillon and she may be able to help.

Good luck and terribly sorry for your the loss.

idahoute
      Ute Fan
      @tfute

We are on it, Utes coming through. Do you have a way to get in touch with you?

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

I know a few. I have reached out. I’m sorry your loss. Terrible… prayers fro your family.

Cougs or die
        Ute Fan
        @cougsordie

Thank you so much, feel free to shoot me a DM if you hear anything back. Sincerely appreciate the help!

idahoute
          Ute Fan
          @tfute

got it expect a call

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

If the other suggestions don’t work, have you BYU connections talk to Sitake. With his and Whitt’s relationship, I’m sure he’d move mountains to get it done.

Cougs or die
      Ute Fan
      @cougsordie

To everyone who was following this, I was able to get in touch with Morgan Scalley. He is going to get them taken care of and then some. Couldn’t have been a nicer guy! Thank you to all who have helped with this. I know it’s rivalry week but some things are bigger than sports or rivalry’s and this is definitely one of them. Happy to be brothers with my Utes. Thank you all again!

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Help a Coug help a Ute Family in need!