Help an old Ute fan feel better about tomorrow.

Viewing 12 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Looking at the numbers, I am worried about the game with ASU tomorrow. ASU has played well the last few weeks and has not played terribly since the loss to Fresno State earlier in the season. Their defense was excellent against UW. They probably would have won that game on the road if it wasn’t for a pick-six when ASU was going in to take a late 14-6 lead. They beat up WSU last weekend and generated over 500 yards of offense. They were very balanced passing and running.

Outside of special teams, the Utes looked very bad last Saturday. (Granted the Ducks are very good.)

The Utes are currently a 10.5 point favorite at home. I want to be optimistic about our chances tomorrow, but with injuries and poor play last week, I am somewhat concerned.

So, help me out. Why should we win tomorrow? What are we going to do on offense to produce points? (ASU’s defense did not allow a TD from the potent UW offense.) What will we do that UW could not do on offense?

Go Utes!!!

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

How about ASU isn’t as good as Oregon?

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

I have a feeling that what happened last week was more because Oregon is a playoff-caliber team than it was us just sucking. I mean kudos to the Ducks, right? I’m hoping that our boys come out with a little more fire, as last week had to have been a major ego-hit. Let’s hope that the Ducks don’t beat us twice. If the Utah team that beat USC shows up we should be OK. The closing month of this season could be interesting for us. There are no gimmies left (not even Colorado).

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

We will be fine tomorrow. ASU can’t score.

Larry B
        Ute Fan
        @larryb

Neither can we.

D T
          Ute Fan
          @azute1

You’re right, but we’re slightly better on O than ASU is & although they’re stout on D, we’re even more stout….We’re also at RES.

I predict we cover, but it definitely won’t be a shootout.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Relax, Oregon and Washington have most often had problems playing road games in Arizona, as have we. ASU will not be the same team as last week in SLC.

DataUte
        Ute Fan
        @scotwaye

It’s a dry heat, not a wet cold UO and UW are used too …

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

It’s pretty simple. Don’t overreact to either a loss or a win. Utah wasn’t 4 TD’s better than Oregon in 2021 and they aren’t 4 TD’s worse in 2023. Those just happened to be the results in a single game.

You either believe Utah is the better team and will find a way to win tomorrow or you don’t. Can’t help you past that.

2 1

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

Arrive early to the game so we can all cheer loudly as the team takes the field. Cheer throughout the game and stay until the end to support the team, even if things aren’t going well. Enjoy the fall weather and being with the friends/family you attend the game with. Most of all…. GO UTES!

9 1

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Here’s the only way I can make you feel better about tomorrow: Whether the football team wins or loses, when the game is over, you will still have all the things that make life worth living. The love of your family and friends, your hobbies and passions, your career (if applicable), your beliefs, your health, and your possessions.

It’s just a sport being played by a bunch of kids for our amusement. It has no bearing on real life.

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

This is the line of thinking I adopt right before we play Georgia 😉

5 1

RoboUte
      Ute Fan
      @hamplate

Simple. We’re already bowl eligible and there’s essentially a 0% chance we go to the PAC 12 championship so these last games really don’t matter all that much beyond minor shuffling of bowls that are sidegrades to one another. We’re kind of just dragging our feet until the season’s over at this point. There’s really nothing riding on the game at all honestly except winning for winning’s sake.

3 4

Caliman
      Ute Fan
      @elguapoute

There is nothing to worry about, we got Bryson Barnes under canter, this game is in the bag, bring on Washington.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Can Jackson play a full game? That is all we need to know come kickoff.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

As I’ve pointed out previously, don’t read too much into that UW-ASU game….ASU’s had an uncanny stranglehold on UW over the last couple of decades & in that light, it wasn’t at all surprising what they did to them up there in Seattle.

Remember, ASU’s the last team to defeat UW.

ASU will be a tough out for certain because they play D, but that UW performance wasn’t something they’ve accomplished in any other game this year, at least not to that extent.

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

ASU is down numerous players on their offensive line.

And now their starting left tackle is out.

Sack Lake City is salivating.

BD
        Ute Fan
        @flyfisherman

Deleted. Double post.

Viewing 12 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Help an old Ute fan feel better about tomorrow.