Herbert returning for senior season

Viewing 5 reply threads

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Oregon Football just announced that Herbert will be back for 2019 instead of leaving early for the draft. I think this makes a lot of sense for him. He would’ve been a solid QB pick this year. But with UW and Wazzu theoretically taking a step back this coming season with the loss of Gaskin, Browning and Minshew respectively, Oregon will be set up nicely for a division/conference championship. Herbert could also be a legit Heisman contender next year and a likely top 5 overall pick.

On a related note, I’m glad we miss Oregon during the regular season next year and won’t have to play them until we win the South again and see them in the P12 Championship.

Source: https://twitter.com/oregonfootball/status/1077988744991453184
      Edited to fix link.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Is Moss reading this?

jamarcus24
      Ute Fan
      @jamarcus24

Interesting choice.  He arguably could have been the highest QB taken in the draft next year, which could have been worth a max rookie deal.  Hope he gets himself a nice insurance policy.

4 1

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I agree. Moss should come back. All our players should. They’d all make a lot more coming back. 

Herbert? A first round pick should always leave. You don’t turn down that type of money. 

Woodutail
          Ute Fan
          @woodutail

Maybe Zack is recalculating his decision and will decide to play next year.
          There is always the risk of injury next year at Utah or the pro level, but at the pro level you getting paid.
          Maybe Utah needs to adopt the Pay for Play concept what other Pac 12 schools participate in just sayin.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

He was the best QB in the class. First day pick guaranteed. Could have ended up as a backup in San Fran with Shanahan. 

5 1

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

This is good for the conference.  We need some teams to step up.  Oregon should be good next season.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Except for teams in the South…. 🙂

prestitute
          Ute Fan
          @prestitute

Well, they should ALL step up OOC, and then Utah crush them all in conference. Seems like usually we get the reverse of that.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Bad for Utah though. Dumb decision imo I understood Love wanting to get a degree from Stanford. 

Puget Ute
          Ute Fan
          @pugetute

We skip Oregon next year. He needs to do maximal damage against every other South team for us…

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Assumption that Utah plays them in the CCG. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

The only logic I can see behind this move is he thinks Oregon is a contender for Playoffs. He grew up in Eugene and probably wants to be world famous there. Grew up wanting nothing more than a title for Oregon. 

I remember playing basketball as a kid and my dream was to play for Utah. Play in the tourney and bring a title to Utah. I had no dream to play professionally or make money just bring a National Title to Utah. Well I couldn’t jump worth a crap and stop growing at 6 foot so that kind of put a stop to that. 

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

His brother will be a FR next year. He will want to stick around and be around his brother.

AgouraUte
      @agouraute

I bet you uncle Phil promised to pay him some sweet moola if he stays. Likely gets it once he graduates so no ncaa violations.

KiYi-Ute
        Ute Fan
        @kiyi-ute

*puts on tinfoil hat*

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Oregon has assembled the Avengers End Game cast for their team next season. They look dang good. 

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Herbert returning for senior season