This one surprises me.

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

Yasmin and Vele?

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Yassmin may just want to move on with his life.  Vele is 24 and if he is going to get a chance at the NFL – this may be his time.

Utehomer42
        Ute Fan
        @24cdalby

I was sitting with Vele’s dad during the UCLA and we were chatting all game. He was hinting at him leaving and trying to make it to the league. I believe he’s 24 and returned from his mission, but he probably doesn’t have a high enough stock to make it to the league

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

Yassmin wanted a degree and to head home, so this makes sense. Vele and Bernard are probably testing the draft waters 

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

That’s a ton of talent we’re losing, especially on O. The D has potential to be very good next year, but O is basically a complete overhaul.

RedUte14
        Ute Fan
        @redute14

I think the D has at least 2 more season to be really good. Hopefully allowing the O to catch up.

1 1

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Most of these kids have been playing football over half their life. Rising, Vele, Kendall, Bernard, GReid, Hubert, Yasmin may want to get on with life after football. Vele, Rising, and Bernard may take a run for a NFL roster. None of these guys IMO along with Enis are NFL draft level players. Could see Rising possibly making a practice squad and a very long shot as a 53 roster player. Arm strength and accuracy beyond 20 yards are not good enough for the NFL. If he is unable to get back to USC level of play having more games similar to last week, Rising’s days playing football may be winding down. As for Daniels, NFL draft projections have him as a low NFL draft value at this point. Going now may be his best shot for Daniels after this season though. As for Tavion, guessing both parties will agree to go their own way after this season. 

Out of this group, Kincaid, Phillips, and maybe Kuithe if he declares are the only NFL draft level players. Will be very interesting to see what Kuite does as he recovers. I will get blasted for saying this, Kuithe may be bettter off finding a big NIL payout with a higher brand team returning an established, productive QB next year. All of his buddies are leaving the program and Utah will breaking in a new QB next season. If Rising decides to come back to Utah that may impact what Kuithe does. . Regardless, the coming off season with NIL and the transfer portal will speak volumes to where Utah’s level of commitment to the new college football landscape.

Great group of guys making a huge impact on Utah football. They all will be missed. All coaching from the couch opinion of course. Go Utes!

Warren Smith
      Ute Fan
      @unhealthyutefan

Whitt has always said that if there is a chance a Jr is going to declare for the NFL that the program prefers them to participate in Sr day. A few of these guys could return.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

Wow!  We’re losing a LOT of talent after this year.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Here’s the list of seniors and underclassmen being honored today: