House v. NCAA

Viewing 2 reply threads

UteNamedOg
      Ute Fan
      @utenamedog

What’re everyone’s thoughts on “amateur” athletes being directly compensated now? I think this is much more fair to the athletes who are choosing to represent their college, but it looks like there will be some bumps. Excerpt from an NPR article below, detailing if all athletes will be paid:

“No. Football players and men’s basketball players at large programs are the most likely to receive payments. That’s because most of the revenue earned by college athletics departments has historically come from TV contracts to broadcast those two sports. Women’s basketball also earns some revenue, and those players too could receive payments.”

Keeping in mind that I have no clue as to the future of where the athlete revenue will come from and where your dollars will go, I hope this encourages people to attend the extra game or two of some event they normally wouldn’t. It is very fun to be in attendance when a team such as softball, womens bball, lacrosse, etc. does well and ticket sales go from a few dozen to a few thousand; the fact that it might result in the athletic department allocating money to help the players pay for bills or send money home is a feel-good bonus.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I’m tired of caring about everything.

Will there be college football? If yes, I’m in.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

In the worlds I’m familiar with you are no longer an amateur if you make money. 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc House v. NCAA