How long do you think Sarkisian would be here?

Viewing 7 reply threads
      31 2

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Most of you complain about the OC turnover but then want a guy that will leave the first chance he gets…1-2 years max. 

Ludwig has been hired by Cal, K-State (never coached there), Vandy and Wisconsin since he left here…all as an OC.  I don’t mind 10 years of division 1 play calling experience.  Is he a guy that moves the needle with recruiting…who knows.  Was Taylor coming in from Eastern Washington?  Ludwig is and would be considered an upgrade over Taylor in the coaching circle and probably by a significant amount.  Is 10 years of P5 play calling experience an upgrade over Harding?  Of course.

Nothing official yet but Ludwig is more experienced at the position than BJ, Taylor or Harding.  Will be here for a long time most likely giving you the stability that you want (even though the top teams lose their OC/DC every couple of years) and knows the program and it’s expecatations.

McCoy was a HC in the NFL…is not like Dennis Erickson however who was really done working while here, didn’t want to spend all of his time in the film room or on the road recruiting but still wanted to be around the game and the kids.  Mike still has significant value and will be an OC in the NFL or a Head Coach in the College ranks.  Not a college OC for hell sakes unless it’s at Alabama or Ohio St.  Sanford Sr is just about where Erickson was and has been at Western Kentucky and Indiana State the past 6 years.  You complain about Vandy but not Indiana St?  Ludwig would be a solid hire.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Two years tops.
      If he’s awesome he takes a better job.
      If he sucks he gets fired.

Ludwig left Utah when Utah was in the MWC. If he’s successful again at Utah there is no reason to leave.

When it’s time to buy a new car everyone wants the shiny two door sports car but we end up buying the 7 passenger minivan because it meets our needs better.

9 1

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Waaaaaay too much logic in this post

Xanthis
      Ute Fan
      @xanthis

Is my math correct about there still being 1 coaching position open? Lossed: Taylor, Gary, Ena. Hired: Swan, Unnamed OC.
      Whitt looking at a QB coach?

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Both Sark and Ludwig will be gone after two years.

AZUTE
        Ute Fan
        @azute

Ludwig is gone after two years only he if he comes in a completely s@&ts the bed.

If he’s successful there’s a good chance he’s Utah’s next HC when Whit retires

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Not necessarily. If does well he’ll get an HC spot at a G5 or FCS school. OC’s Don’t stay at Utah period.

Woodutail
      Ute Fan
      @woodutail

Sark 2 years tops if he has success.
      Ludwig and McCoy my guess would be 5+ if we pay them right.
      With all the player and coaching transfers or just plane quitting in my book who knows anymore.
      There is allot of speculation on our next OC and 90% of people thought Zack was gone except myself.
      OnlyU knows what the team is pondering i would say?

AZUTE
        Ute Fan
        @azute

You think money matters to McCoy? He made 4 mil a year with the Chargers. Utah will never pay more then $800,000 for an OC while he can make $3 mil as an NFL HC or 1.5 mil as an OC

McCoy doesn’t need the money he will get an NFL job somewhere end of story.

He was NEVER interested in Coaching at Itah unless he was bored and just waiting for an NFL job to be offered. Which by the way he’d jump at the first chance he got

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

Great post.

fussmanami
      Ute Fan
      @fussmanami

Doesn’t a Sark or McCoy come in as a potential future Utah Head Coach?  

Anfernee
        Ute Fan
        @anfernee

These delusions of grandeur need to stop. Sark and McCoy were never coming. I’d love to date Jennifer Lawrence or Scarlett Johansson but realistically I’m more in the ballpark of Peg from Married with Children. 

User Suspended
          @a2ute

then that’s exactly what you’ll get…

Chidojuan
          Ute Fan
          @chidojuan

I agree with Pace on this.  Why can’t we build ourselves up to be the next blue blood?  We’ve got a long way to go, but why can’t we be the next Oklahoma?  We have a lot of work to do, but it could happen.  Especially if BYU football goes the way of the dinosaur and the U becomes the flagship university of the state.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football How long do you think Sarkisian would be here?