How Many Scholarships Do we HavE?

Viewing 4 reply threads

palos_verdes_ute
      Ute Fan
      @palos-verdes-ute

Can someone tell me how many scholarships we have after this baskeball season?  not counting any transfers we might have.  i can only think of 1  – Dusan.

I’m so confused by the Covid bonus year.

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Anthony and Gach are seniors, right? Or are you saying Utah has already filled their spots with current scholie offers?

palos_verdes_ute
        Ute Fan
        @palos-verdes-ute

I mean if everyone decides to stay for next season, how many scholies do we have available.  Im confused because doesn’t Anythony and Gach have one more year?  Doesn’t Jenkins have one more year?   

concerned
      Ute Fan
      @concerned

The way this Colorado game is going, I think we have 14.

palos_verdes_ute
        Ute Fan
        @palos-verdes-ute

right.   but lets say everyone stays for another painful season.   my understanding is gach, anthony, battin all have one more year.  we only bring in 1 new guy, Wilguens Exacte.  at best we are another top 4 MWC team.  really a bad deal for craig smith.  furthermore, this team isn’t going anywhere with worster running the point. 

RustyShackleford
      Ute Fan
      @shakyute13

Batin better not stay he is the worst scholarship player I have ever seen. He is absolute doodoo

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

The worst thing about Timmy Allen and Jantunnen leaving was that their absence meant more PT for Battin. It baffles me that anyone ever thought Battin had the skills and/or athleticism to be a D1 player… He possesses very little basketball skill of any kind, and even less athleticism. The only D1 attribute he has is size. I can almost understand offering guys like Thioune, who are at least good athletes even thought hey may be utterly devoid of anything resembling basketball competency… But Battin? WTF Larry? A 6 ft 9 inch trash can would be a better use of a scholarship.

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

I am such a jerk

RustyShackleford
          Ute Fan
          @shakyute13

I 100% agree with you. He better not be back next year

palos_verdes_ute
          Ute Fan
          @palos-verdes-ute

agreed.  but you can’t blame Larry on that one.   the kid had unbelievable stats in HS.  broke don maclean record. has the size and all.  just a player that has regressed and shouldn’t be playing as much as he is.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Utah only had 12 scholarship players this season so that’s one available scholarship. Technically Battin Gach Jenkins Jr and Anthony are SRs but they are all eligible to return next season.

I’d be willing to bet only 1 or 2 come back so add two more. Dusan left so that’s another. So that 4 available and I’d say at least 2 underclassmen transfer and that makes 6. Minus 1 for the commitment of Exacte.

My prediction is Smith will have 5 available scholarships available going into next season.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

What’s the word on Bostyn Holt?  Played just a few games then had a season ending injury.  Some observers said he could be among the best athletes we have.  Is he projected to return?

Hahnenwk
          Ute Fan
          @hahnenwk

Is Jamele redshirting?

palos_verdes_ute
            Ute Fan
            @palos-verdes-ute

yeah, good question.   smith cleared the bench yesterday with .30 left.  jamele was the only one left.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) How Many Scholarships Do we HavE?