I am struggling with the next 2

Viewing 3 reply threads

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

NIU:  While this is the better of the 2 opponents the 11:00 start is not great.  Already seeing a lot of cancellations to our tailgate.  I don’t think that would be the case if the opponent was better, I hope our stadium is full despite the weak opponent.

Idaho St:  I love the 2:00 start but Idaho St?  I mean I guess I’ll just serve some loaded baked potatoes at the tailgate and see who shows up. 

These games really show you how lucky we are to be in the PAC 12.  That said, I wish the NCAA would just mandate that every P5 program must schedule P5 teams.

All that said – GO UTES!!!

UTau
      Ute Fan
      @utau

The NCAA doesn’t recognize P5 and G5. That’s created by external forces, largely bowl contracts and sports media.

Only FCS and FBS are recognized by the NCAA, and Northern Illinois is FBS just like the Utes. Idaho State is FCS, and there is a rule that only one FCS team a year can count towards bowl eligibility, essenitally ensuring an FBS school doesn’t schedule more than one FCS game a year. It actually used to be, you could only count an FCS team (D1-AA at the time) every other year, so the current rule is more leniant in that regard.

I don’t think you need to worry about a full stadium. 11:00 AM will put a damper on tailgating, because that’s pretty earlier for the pre-game festivities, but fans want to see this team play in person.

9 1

whitlessham
        Ute Fan
        @whitelssham

Sigh…UofM games start at Noon.  Tailgaiting typically starts around 8:00am.

They get about about 110,000 fans… Utes need to step up, it’s not a big deal 

Summit Ute
          Ute Fan
          @summitute

Unfortunately the local culture eats up Sundays, so Sat is your only day to get things done. Fortunately for me I retired a few years ago, so now I have both days to do as I please. 😉

utefansince79
            Ute Fan
            @utefansince79

I’m just glad the forecast is for temperatures to cool off a bit the last part of the week.  (Forecast is in the mid 80s right now).  

Still will want to remember some sunblock (especially those of us on the east side) and a cold sealed bottle of water.

Ute Bc
          Ute Fan
          @utebc

They don’t always get 110K in their stadium.

whitlessham
            Ute Fan
            @whitelssham

you got me… sometimes 106k… busted

Ute Bc
        Ute Fan
        @utebc

Good point. I wish all P5 conferences would agree and require their members to to only play P5 teams.

FUJon99
          Ute Fan
          @fujon99

Look at u guys acting like blue bloods.  NIU bout 2 serve some humble pie

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

NIU fan? Welcome to the board. Start a new topic and tell us about your team.

2 14

loyter
      Ute Fan
      @loyter

11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. are both s**tty game times, especially in September when it’s hot out. I don’t blame fans one bit if they choose not to show up.

whitlessham
        Ute Fan
        @whitelssham

^ limp wristed

Image result for limp wrist

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

UTE98
        Ute Fan
        @ute98

Never thought I’d see the day Loyter got downvotes and Witless would get upvotes on his response.

Got to cover Loyter’s back, he showed up early, after a late night, to help set up a tailgate I hosted in North Carolina, he’s more of a fan than I and puts his money where his mouth is. And he knows how to deal with phones in a bathroom. Lol

What world am I living on?

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

I’ll gladly take tickets from anyone who doesn’t want to go to either game.

ladyinred
        Ute Fan
        @ladyinred

Same here!

2 2

UtesMuss1
          Ute Fan
          @utesmuss1

@ladyinred, i have tickets willing to sell. message me!

ladyinred
            Ute Fan
            @ladyinred

I can’t do MUSS tix though because I am alum not student…

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I am struggling with the next 2