I don’t much like out 2024 football schedule

Viewing 8 reply threads
      4 4

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

It is not terrible, but there are a few things I don’t like.

First – We play our first Big 12 game on the road at OSU (a tough place to play against a solid team).

Second – Three of our first four conference games appear to be the toughest – OSU, Arizona, and TCU. The schedule is front-loaded. I would like to get our feet wet first before playing the best teams. Playing TCU and Arizona at home is a good thing.

Third – Playing at UCF on the road on Thanksgiving week is not good IMO. Thanksgiving week creates preparation problems and traveling across the country to play a game that week might create some challenges.

Fourth – I would prefer to play BYU in the last game of the season. This isn’t a big deal IMO, but just my preference.

In the end – it is what it is and we need to make the best of it. I do like two bye weeks and not playing either Kansas school is probably to our advantage.

Go Utes!!!

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

The extra bye week is a function of the Labor Day / Thanksgiving timing where there are 14 weeks this year as opposed to the usual 13. All teams will go back to one bye week in 2025.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Actually, our schedule looks like the schedule of the SEC favorites. Front load them, win them, get people talking about you, and coast into the playoffs. I actually think it’s a smart schedule.

3 2

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

We have one of the harder schedules in the Big 12. Kansas and UCF’s are absolutely pathetic.

HATUman
        Ute Fan
        @hatuman

Aren’t we on UCF’s schedule?

3 1

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Yeah and you have a team coming to you on Thanksgiving weekend across two time zones. It isn’t easy game for Utah by any means. It is a s**tty road game to end the season.

radioUte
      Ute Fan
      @radioute

Not sure how it is one of the harder schedules without playing either of the Kansas schools or West Virginia.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Have you seen their schedules? Kansas doesn’t play anyone. Maybe everyone’s schedule just sucks. The Big 12 sucks.

Extra Medium
      Ute Fan
      @runningreddude

There isn’t a single game on that schedule that makes me nervous. I’m not saying we go undefeated…but we could.

No Oregon, No USC, No UW. When U of pAy, ASU, CU, and BYU are the highlights it speaks volumes to how terrible the conference is.

The Big 12 blows. Hopefully this only lasts as long as the ACC. BLOW IT UP!

and yet the season ticket prices will continue to go up…

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

I like that Utah’s finally followed the SEC model by scheduling an FCS team in November on 11/9!

#CakeWalk #B12sucks!

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

On the flip side, those teams have to play the Utes to start as well. You’d think they would have learned from the PAC 12 to keep the big games until towards the end of the season to keep the national conversation going about your best teams.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Front-loaded is a good thing for us this year. We have a veteran team that won’t need much time to gel. Our QB is a senior in his 48th year of college football. We have multiple years of experience at almost every position.

Remember, our front-loaded schedule is also front-loaded for our opponents, many of whom don’t return the amount of experience we do. I like our chances in those early contests.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Our QB is a senior with teenaged grandkids…

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Front load is great. Less injuries. Fresher.

@cu @ UCF may be tough.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Schedule is solid. Nit picky back to back away games, USU and OSU. Short bus ride to and from Logan no big deal. CU and UCF somewhat wild cards. Injuries of course is a factor late in the season. No significant time zone changes other than UCF. UofA at home better be a night game. I know the coaches and players like the earlier games. The fan factor is way more powerful at night.

IMO, challenges moving into the B12.
      Can Utah handle the spotlight? Right out of the gate, Utah is already getting picked as the team to beat.
      Eliminate the 1-2 WTF losses. Upside is the B12 overall is remarkably less talented overall than the P12.
      Clean up Special teams play
      Punish teams playing the 20 yard stack the box defense used stop Utah’s offense. Defenses are now forced to play the entire field giving attention to Singer, Kuithe, Lyons, Parks, Ryan, King, and Pittman. Oh, and the QB part.
      Minimize Fall camp injuries. Way too many guys were hurt in Fall camp before the season started.
      Oline is the only minor concern losing Bills and Laumea. Harding will have his crew ready.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I don’t much like out 2024 football schedule