I guess I just don’t see our seniors on the DL, QB, RB, etc.

Viewing 3 reply threads

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

taking an L at USC with their 18 year old QB and soft run defense.
      Change my mind!
      Whoever wins the turnover battle, wins the game, and my guess is that will be Utah with the experienced QB and ball control game.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Approved.

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

The thing that makes me the most nervous is that Leach’s Air Raid is the offense that has given our D the most problems since joining the Pac-12. This isn’t Leach’s team but the offensive philosophy is the same and USC has much better athletes to run it than what Washington State has.

The second thing that worries me is our offense. We’ll find out real quick if Ludwig has held back or not.  

Chidojuan
        Ute Fan
        @chidojuan

Coming from a player, even Covey, doesn’t necessarily mean a ton, but this was encouraging regarding Ludwig’s offense and whether he’s opened the playbook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQdQdX_MD2

2 1

UteThunder
          Ute Fan
          @utethunder

That’s good to hear but as I’ve said before, we heard similar comments while Taylor was here and the playbook never really seemed to advance beyond what we saw during the first few weeks.

Redblood
          Ute Fan
          @redblood

Huntley’s hesitancy makes sense now. Covey said Ludwig has drummed it in Tyler that we don’t throw picks or take sacks. Look, Tyler is extremely accurate and has an amazing QBR. But even against ISU he had a hard times at times pulling the trigger. That works against lesser competition.

It will be interesting what we do against USC. Can’t hold onto the ball, but can’t throw picks. I’m glad he’s the QB and not me.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I’m not sure about that with regards to their QB. 

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @rickyrules

They are running an extremely bastardized version of the Air Raid offense.  If I were Utah I would be careful not to overlook USC’s running game out of this offense.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

This is the glaringly obvious thing to everyone not a fan that is generating the hype we have heard. It is hard for us to accept the hype because fans tend to feed off it and then be disappointed. I don’t feel like the disappointment is coming this time. It feels different. Which doesn’t mean I am ignoring the monumental task before this team on Friday. Or every week after that. Utah is in a good place. Troy falls soon.  

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I guess I just don’t see our seniors on the DL, QB, RB, etc.