I hate where college sports is going

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

The portal seemed like a good thing for the athletes, but it is being abused.

NIL was intended to give players a piece of the pie, but with few regulations – rich schools are getting richer and no one can stop it. 9 million for one kid (before he has played a down) is absurd.

Conference changes is all about the money.  Big TV market teams along with teams with a strong football reputation (Alabama, Oklahoma, et al.) will end up leaving others like our Utes out.  I find this to be very sad.  Mid-market teams like us may be left out in the cold.

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

I always loved the amateur aspect of college sports.  You’re right, Proud, all of these things have really taken the tarnish off my passion.  The NIL MEANT well, but it turned into pay-for-play after about 5 seconds.  The transfer portal MEANT well, but it turned into pro-style free agency after about 5 seconds.  The combination of the two is putting the final nail in the coffin of this sport and it’s really sad to me.  I love my Utes, but in about 5 seconds I’m going to just turn my attention to the NFL (which up until now I couldn’t care less about).  If I’m going to watch pro sports I may as well watch the top level.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

It’s dying for me.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I hate where college sports is going