ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

If true – that’s amazing.

We should do a white-out.

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

The Rose Bowl holds ~90,000. So if 70,000 are Utes, I’d say that’s a pretty good home field advantage 😂.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

I think they can pack 100K in there.

Dallas
        Ute Fan
        @dallas

I have a hard time believing that, but I sure hope it’s true.

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

That’s more fans than UCLA gets at its home games.

richute
      Ute Fan
      @richute

Not that I’m doubting you or anything, but where did you hear that?

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

Wow, that would be so awesome if those numbers are true.

Proud, where did you hear this?

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I personally do not do Twitter.  But, my sons do and this is what is being reported on Twitter.  How can they know for sure?  I doubt that anyone can know for sure because many of the tickets are sold outside of the respective school sites.  I assume that these are estimates based off a number of things including the addresses of the people buying the tickets.

Looking at recent attendance figures for the Rose Bowl (sans 2021) it appears they average about 95,000 attendance.  There were years where they had over 100,000 and as high as 106,000.  I assume that modernization of the stadium reduced capacity.

The same Twitter estimates show OSU with about 20K tickets sold.

I think it is fair to say that Utah will have the majority of the fans on New Year’s Day.

2 1

MDUte
          Ute Fan
          @mdute

Here’s what just tweeted out. Harlan is saying 60K which is still amazing. I think it’s gotta be tough to forecast the number of fans buying off of OSU’s site and the secondary market. Maybe 70K is real…#RiceEcclesWest!

I still think we should go whiteout! Go Utes!

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

The schools should know the sales through their sites quite closely.   The information may be getting out as people and reporters notice, for example, that Utah is selling tickets that were originally allocated to Ohio State.  I think Utah also sold tickets that may have originally been earmarked for public sale (or also allowing for overflow from either west or east side — speaking here of North End Zone sections).   What would be great would be a rowdy Utah-friendly crowd in the NEZ that may help quite a bit with noise when the Buckeyes are in the north end of the field.

Redblood
            Ute Fan
            @redblood

I bought 8 seats from the OSU site before that turned more in to the U. I know so am not even close to the only one who did that.

gandalf
      Ute Fan
      @gandalf

That sounds high. Maybe for both schools together?

UrbanLiar
      Ute Fan
      @urbanliar

If true, we need to notify every Subway franchisee between Cedar City and Victorville, because they’re going to get overwhelmed. How many remember Subway in Page AZ having to close down on January 2, 2005 after running out of food ordered by all the Ute fans trekking north after the Fiesta Bowl?

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

It’s ironic both schools wear red.  At the Fiesta Bowl (Utah against Pitt who wears blue) you could clearly tell Utah was dominant in attendance.

MDUte
          Ute Fan
          @mdute

Here’s the latest on ticket sales. 33K will get sold from Utah’s allotment. Then with the amount purchased off of OSUs site and the secondary market, I can see that 60K is a safe estimate. But likely north of 60K is what we’ll see in Pasadena…go Utes!

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

Not just Page, on the day after the Fiesta Bowl there was not a restroom without a long line or fast food available up highway 89 clear to Spanish Fork and gas stations had lines out and down the highway. The small businesses had zero idea what was happening to them.

LetItRide
      Ute Fan
      @letitride

How many were estimated Ute fans at CCG in Vegas?

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

On Hans and Scotty today, Harlan said based on his data, it’s looking like 60k+. If that’s the case, I could definitely see 70k being the actual number on game day.

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

Going to be so amazing! I’m thrilled I got tickets. Ooooohhh baby!

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

70k tickets would not surprise me. If you figure we sell about 40K season tickets and are packing RES for big games at 50K+ it’s not a stretch.

I live in Colorado and attend a game every couple years. I will be going and we’ve got 4 in our group. That’s four tickets which would not normally be sold. Every former player I hear on Riley is planning on being there. Weddle, Sly, and many others.

This IS a big deal for Utah fans, and I’m sure there will be many many Utah fans who take advantage of this fleeting once in a lifetime opportunity. 

I’ll be there and wearing my WHITE. Now I just have to buy a white Utah shirt. Everything I have is Red and Grey.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I hear that Utah has sold an estimate of 70K tickets