I heard an ASU broadcaster this morning on ESPN700

Viewing 4 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

After listening to him, you would think ASU is a near shoo-in to win the south.  He says they have no major weaknesses.  He indicated that they are a little young at WR, but everywhere else they are loaded with experience.

He felt the NCAA investigation would likely take years and should not be a distraction for the coming year.  He thought that the only immediate pain it may cause will be with recruiting.  He does admit, that if everything turns out to be true – some head will roll.

Majerus got a penalty for bringing donuts to a film session and taking Van Horn out to breakfast the morning his dad died.  ASU certainly should get a stiff penalty if there is any truth to the allegations.

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

Yea I heard the interview as well Proud. Sounds like the university is going to let the NCAA investigation play out before coming to any conclusions. This could be a couple of years before we see anything happen.

As suspected, I definitely am not counting on it having any impact on this coming season. ASU is going to be good but I’m still not convinced that Herm can take them to anything more than a 6-3 season.

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

ASU gonna skate past this fine just like U of pAy did

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I agree with everything he said. Although I don’t expect it to impact recruiting. Who do we think was showing up during the dead period?

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

My guess would be their top rated recruits from Class of ’21: Isaiah Johnson – 4* DB, Jalin Conyers – 4* TE, Ezra Oyetade – 4* OL, Lonyatta Alexander – 4* WR, and Travez Moore – 4* DL

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Right. What I was saying is , recruits don’t care about cheating. They’re involved in it.

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

Maj got in trouble for more than that.  Illegal practices being one of the primary things.  But there were a lot of things combined, including his obstenance to the whole thing that got him in trouble

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I agree. He played by his own rules. But, nothing too serious. This stuff at ASU looks pretty bad to me.

pedro
          Ute Fan
          @pedro

Fair point

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I heard an ASU broadcaster this morning on ESPN700