I just listened to Spence Checketts for the first time in a long time.

Viewing 7 reply threads

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

The first 25 minutes of his show was just him saying “I told you so” on a number of different topics and then calling Utah fans trolls for disagreeing with him. The University of Utah needs to find better radio guys.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Typically he calls out BYU CB fans for being self absorbed. I guess he has an emotional need to call out somebody.

Utes 69
        Ute Fan
        @slc123

I went to a Mens wellness check with ESPN Bill and Spence were there a few years back. I thought Spence was total butt head!

3 2

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

He should be in prison

1 6

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

For committing a non violent crime where nobody got hurt? That would lock up about 65,000 other Utahns. We can’t imprison our way out of societal problems like addiction, depression, and anxiety.

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

He has something like 4 DUIs. He should definitely be incarcerated.

RustyShackleford
          Ute Fan
          @shakyute13

L take

He easily could have killed someone

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I can’t stomach him at all. Always disappointing.
      Content that speaks to a very minor segment of a fan base then generalizing it to everyone is so annoying.

5 2

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @utebiquitous

Tough crowd for Checketts. I do think he adds little to Utah football and basketball. Where he’s best in the market, in my opinion, is NBA coverage. I think he’s the most knowledgeable in our market and the most connected nationally. I think he does a nice job as an interviewer as well – across all sports. That’s something Bill Riley does a poor job of. I do wish Spence would talk less. His opening segment and a few others interspersed in the show are too long with too much of him and his producer. His producer has no concept of brevity.

Anyway, I guess I’m less critical of Spence. I look forward to the NBA season every year and find him insightful on the Jazz and the NBA. His conversations with Tony Jones of The Athletic are always first rate.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

I don’t care about the Jazz when it is the home of the Utes. I want more expansive Utah content.

Also of the 4-5 times I have taken the time to turn 700 on. WITHOUT fail he talks about the years he grew up and Utah sucked with TSPP dominating. He tells that anecdotal thing probably every show. I literally don’t care about that Checketts.

3 1

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

Can’t deny he has more connections and pulls the best interviews of anyone in the state. He might be annoying at times but he puts out better content then the lame “coaches corner” and “conversations with” with pre set questions and prepared answers. He’s the only one to dare question Whitts infinite wisdom even in the slightest with the QB botch job. I do agree he a 10/10 on the annoyance chart though.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Who’s Spence Checketts?

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

Thanks for asking. I’d also like to know what a Men’s Wellness Check is but I’m afraid to ask. Good thing no one ever reads my posts.,, 🙂

1 2

Jim Vanderhoof
      Ute Fan
      @jvhoofs

He is a good interviewer and has great guests. I enjoy his show.

3 1

RustyShackleford
      Ute Fan
      @shakyute13

He’s horrible. He doesn’t know football. Bring back Gunther please

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I just listened to Spence Checketts for the first time in a long time.