Viewing 4 reply threads

palos_verdes_ute
      Ute Fan
      @palos-verdes-ute

much better then uf.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

It’s a whole lot easier to use & post on my iPhone. That is for sure. I really hope this site takes off.

FormerUteSax
      Ute Fan
      @formerutesax

I feel more comfortable posting here

Hockeybeard
        Ute Fan
        @hockeybeard

Much easier format – quicker ability to follow thoughts. And the topics move fast – no slogging through 8 page threads…..yet.

GadValleyUte
          Ute Fan
          @maximumkungfu

Yeah that KT vs TW thread is gettin there. After seeing how things work so far I like that threads get bumped, but kinda like the flow over at UF.N I wonder if @admin has a plan for this? I hate forums with sticky/official threads that clog up the top and get way too long. I wonder if you just let things flow of if a thread expiration, algorithm can be designed? Like a thread over 7 days old or one that has only a few responders gets moved into “legacy” status and gets moved into a special place so new conversation can thrive.

Wilson’s Mustache
            Ute Fan
            @sigmaute

This issue definitely will need to be addressed. So far its not too bad, but as the forums grows I think it could become an issue.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Many who have grown accustomed to the UFN format want to see a single thread format which has all the categories in it. Out of the box the system I installed for the forum doesn’t do that, but the recent posts section comes very close.

I’ve heard many ask for the single thread and I’m looking around at options to display the content like that. I may find something or I may be able to program something. That takes many hours to do, and right now I’m spending most of the time dealing with new user registration problems because the server’s IP is banned on some email providers due to the amount of email going out.

UteStuckInSeattle
        Ute Fan
        @utestuckinseattle

What would be cool would be if you could find a plugin that would let you click on a thread in the “recent posts” list and that thread would “expand” open on the same page. Clicking that thread again would then “collapse” it.

I’m not sure if such a plugin exists, but that would be a pretty good solution for people who like the single-threaded view without having to create an entirely new page.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

By the way, thanks to you all for posting such great comments. It gives me motivation!

GO UTES

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I love this site !