I saw Covery last night

Viewing 5 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Timpview was playing Orem for the 5A state championship.  With about a minute to play – Timpview was on the Orem 5 yard line and called a timeout.  The offense came over to the sideline and huddled around Covey.  Covey was doing all the talking, not the coaches.  They were standing behind Britton.  Whitt says that Covey wants to go into coaching, but it seemed more than a little funny that he was telling the team what to do while the coaches stood back and listened.

I wondered if Covey traveled with the team, I guess I got the answer last night.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Gods bless, Covey. He seems an upstanding lad. PS Orem’s logo is the quacker’s logo, down to the outlines of Hayward and Autzen. Y’all probably know this, but why?

Heike
      Ute Fan
      @heike

To make the transition easier for Noah Sewell? 🙁

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

It’s pretty common for high school teams to use college decals. Orem used to use Clemson’s paw print. I guess at some point they switched to the Oregon style O

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

My son’s junior high used to use the drum and feather with different colors. It was a straight ripoff – like, an exact copy. I wonder if the University’s general counsel finally got wind of it and send them a cease and desist, because they changed the logo to something different a couple years ago. But you can still see that old drum and feather on some of the walls and things – it weirds me out to see the D&F in blue and yellow.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

My son played for the Gilbert Arizona Bulldogs little league football and they still use everything Georgia Bulldogs.

The G on the helmets for Gilbert is an exact replica of the G from Georgia. The team colors are red and silver. Gilbert uses the Bulldog mascot.

It makes it super easy as a parent you just go buy a bunch of Georgia stuff and you’d never know the difference.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I saw Covery last night