I will publicly admit it

Viewing 6 reply threads

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

I was wrong on Jim Harding. What a masterful job he has done to turn this OL around. 

Tednab
      Ute Fan
      @tednab

Think we all were .. but we’re emotionally driven fans .. that’s what we do.. besides go on riverboat gambling trips and make our own beef jerky.

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

And don’t forget we like to sh*t with the door open!

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

There were some that didn’t go down the it’s all Hardings fault and defended the o-line and they took some s**t for it.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Has anyone tried to assess what Bam was like last week? He looked to me like he’s becoming a pretty credible bully. There were a couple times people pulled him off people he pushed into the dirt on their backs. How much time does he have left? How about all of them? Will there be consistency into next year?

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Bam had a really good game. Unfortunately, this is his last year of eligibility.

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

Bam reminds me of Big Mike on the Blind Side movie…took some time to understand the game, but once he got it he’s just been destroying people!

Seeing him next to other big guys out there and he’s just an absolute monster of a man. We’re going to miss Bam when he’s gone.

1 5

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Cautiously optimistic… the oline has made huge strides since the SDSU game. Harding’s done a helluva job, but there’s been a lot of bad over the past several seasons and the Pac12 isn’t exactly loaded with the best defenses in CFB.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I’m with you. I was slow to jump on the fire Harding train, but I hate to admit, I was a passenger. I’m glad he proved us all wrong. I hate calling for a coach’s job, but I did it and I’m not proud.

UtahMan17
      Ute Fan
      @utahman17

Harding 100% deserves a ton of the credit, but everything fell into place when Bam and Daniels became the starting tackles. Simi Moala just regressed big time, and Kump never was able to get it going due to injury. Hopefully Kump can get healthy and he and Daniels can be a great tandem next year.

It’s just amazing to see how much some players on this team have developed like Bam, Vonte Davis, and Devin Lloyd. 

4 3

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

I’m confused. Are we now giving Harding credit for needing all of fall camp plus the first 5 games to figure out the best lineup? The same OLine that we were told had 10 interchangeable players with no drop off when moved around?

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

We have had a lot of injuries and had to move guys around quite a bit. 

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

my point exactly. is the performance seen the last few games due to the bodies available or Harding’s ability to identify the best lineup?

The running game really took off once Ford was moved to guard. Which wouldn’t have happened w/o injuries. We see high snaps out of both Maile and Ford so that can’t be the reason Ford hasn’t been in his (and the team’s) best position for most of the season.

I’m fine with giving Harding credit for getting the right lineup out there the 2nd half of the season but I’m not going to ignore how bad the OLine was to start. When all is said and done, I’ll give him a better than passing grade (solid B) but wonder what could have been.

chinngiskhaan
            Ute Fan
            @chinngiskhaan

I think this is completely fair. H s done his job well as of late, but he could have done a better job early. He absolutely deserves to keep his job, and I’m happy with him, but he can do better.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I will publicly admit it