I’m afraid that our game on Thursday is going to look similar to this Florida ga

Viewing 9 reply threads
      2 8

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

A team that is highly hyped in the off season, making really stupid mistakes and getting beat by a less talented team.

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

2 3

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

If the Ute-BYU game is close then all the HYPE about Utah is just that. A P12 Champion caliber team should beat BYU by at least 2-3 touchdowns. Other than maybe TE, BYU is not even close to the talent level of Utah. If this game ends up close it tells me Utah is not nearly as good as advertised. BYU would be the worst team by far in the P12. The rivalry mystique should not matter considering the talent disparity. Go Utes!

whitlessham
        Ute Fan
        @whitelssham

This^  If Utah is going to a Rose Bowl this game isn’t close

Smack
      Ute Fan
      @smack

Nah, Utes will win.

Larry B
        Ute Fan
        @larryb

I’m not necessarily saying Utes will lose. I’m just afraid they’ll look sloppy and it’ll be closer than it should be.

Chidojuan
          Ute Fan
          @chidojuan

Miami’s problem is youth at QB and OL, they are stressed. We have some youth at OL, but a seasoned senior QB, shouldn’t be an issue, especially since LES won’t be nearly as loud as this stadium.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Larry B. didn’t say it was going to happen.  He just expressed some concern that it could happen.  I think Florida will come back and win this thing.  However, I too am concerned about a few things that have happened.  Florida has two unforced turnovers that have changed the outcome of this game.  That could certainly happen to us.  Florida has pressured and sacked the Miami QB 4 times.  I see us doing that to BYU.  But, Miami has used their tight ends beautifully.  That could be an issue for us.  I suspect that 50% of Wilson’s passes will be to one of his tight ends.  Florida has a great defense much like the Utes.  Miami has had a good game plan.  However, I suspect Florida makes some halftime adjustments and comes out and wins this game.

6 1

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

All I can hear is 15 sacks.

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

Agree with you both. We cannot gift turnovers like Florida has, we can’t have a QB that’s trending up play poorly like Florida has, and we cannot let BYUs tight ends pick on our less experienced linebackers. 

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

The difference I see is that Miami has just as much talent as Florida. Ybu doesn’t fit that bill.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Miami is unranked an starting two freshman tackles and a freshman QB. No way Miami should be in this game. But, in a rivalry game – anything can happen. 

Hellhound152
          Ute Fan
          @hellhound152

Those freshmen aren’t exactly 2 star scrubs.  Also, I wish this damn board would make up its mind about preseason rankings. For years they were crap and didn’t matter, now they are gospel because the Utes got some love?

UtahPilot47
      Ute Fan
      @utahpilot

The same thought was going through my mind…

Johnny
      Ute Fan
      @johnny

Right. Just remind me not to take you on any sort of situation where we must survive. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

My concern is that we almost never look crisp in the first game of the season.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I feel the same way. Florida has looked sloppy and made some stupid mistakes. They have missed a ton of tackles. Much of this has to do with the first game IMO. Very few teams scrimmage much these days. So, they are not use to contact and it shows in this game. 

We have more talent and experience than the Cougars, but the Gators are much better than the Hurricanes too.  I suspect Miami will not have a great season, this game just shows what can happen with first game sloppiness. 

COFfrom83
        Ute Fan
        @coffrom83

if we can get past all the harbaugh hype in 2015 with a less talented team, we can get past our own hype and put a smackdown on a team much less talented than the michigan team that beat ybu 31-0 later the same year

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I’m afraid that our game on Thursday is going to look similar to this Florida ga