I’m hearing great things about Clayton Isbell

Viewing 4 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

He fills one of the spots I believe we needed to fill.

Now What?  What is the position we need most now from the portal?  For me it is WR.  I would also be pleased with another top offensive lineman.

Your thoughts?

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

For me, I’d prefer another experienced CB, DE, and OT. I think we’re good at WR.

#3bballer
      Ute Fan
      @3bballer

I really think we need to look at cb, with the uncertainty of the injuries last year.  No more running backs switching to cb for our biggest game of the year.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

WR has become an odd position for Utah with their hybrid TEs taking up some of that role. With Mclain (listed as TE now), Morris and the other long TEs, WR at Utah is more of a blocking position with an occsional 2-3 catches a game. Question is who’s stepping up to replace Covey at slot and who becomes the deep threat WR? 

CB is my biggest concern. Hopefully the transfer portal comes through. Last few years lack of depth at the end of the season has been a problem for Utah’s defense. CB personnel in 2022 at the moment is looking about the same. Broughton and Parks recovering from season ending injuries and having yet to complete a full season at CB are the stand out CBs opposite Phillips. After that, Bernard still appears to be the best option. Somewhat baffleing a top 10 program known for putting DBs in the NFL, coming off the Rose Bowl is unable to recruit top talent at CB this year. Shah and Scalley will figure it out as they always do. 

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Good points.  I hope we are healthy at CB when we start the season.  We do need some depth.  I am sure the coaches are working on it this spring.

concerned
        Ute Fan
        @concerned

Pep pins is unbelievably fast/quick. If he picks up the offense, he will push Dixon to replace Covey. 

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

All of the spots we will always need good talent throughout the 2 deep roster. We can have a stud make a difference at most any position. But I feel the real difference makers are really effective when they come from a few spots. On offense, QB and RB. On defense, DE and CB. Our offense is set in that we have very likely all league players at both spots. On defense we do not have as strong a case. Van has potential but more questions on the other side. Same with Phillips and the position on the other side. Those two questions if filled with someone making noise for all league, will make a very big difference. JT may be that CB, the other DE is still a mystery for me.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I’m hearing great things about Clayton Isbell