I’m no basketball expert

Viewing 2 reply threads

OldAsDirtUte
      Ute Fan
      @oldasdirtute

But, if we start getting  competitive play, win or lose. by players that care, that makes for exciting basketball.

And exciting basketball will eventually fill the Hunty.

The curtains to me, are a defacto admission of failure.

Looks to me we have a very good coach who will grow the program.

Go Utes!

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

I’m no expert, but you could have replied to the post below this one rather than start a whole new thread. 

2 9

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Need to hire someone’s dad who has a stud kid. Or hire a recruiter. Smith can coach but he hasn’t recruiting anything. A few players could turn the program into something.

UtesRule
        Ute Fan
        @utesrule

Dude…give him a couple of years to do that!! He was hired VERY late into last years recruiting cycle and had very little to work with. Even with only having 1 commitment right now for this years class is VERY premature to gauge what type of a recruiter he is going to be at Utah.

IMO – The jury needs to be out until AT LEAST AFTER his third full season…no sooner.

Unfortunately we live in a day in age where people want immediate results and quick fixes or it’s a failure.

I’m encouraged by the way this team is battling with FAR less talent than most teams they’ve faced this year and am cautiously optimistic that this ship will get righted in the next 3-4 years.

1 8

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Whatever budget he has should at least give him the ability to sign one stud to come in by now. Harsh judgements but I will accept the possibility that I have unrealistic expectations. I am realistic I think.  I am saying this is the number one area of improvement/focus/sure sign of going to get your ass fired in five years if you don’t improve quickly.  That game last night was very enjoyable and a real nail biter. I like that Smith made some defensive adjustments and figured out what guys should do. A few bad shots nothwitstanding it is nice to nearly win that game. 

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

I believe he had that Chandler kid from Farmington, which was awesome, but the owner of the Jazz paid him to go to TDS. It may take some time, but I am all in with Smith. He only has a few pieces but I enjoy watching his team play. Every team that has come to the Hunty get quite frustrated by our defense.

NarfUte
          Ute Fan
          @narfute

We had the Lohner kid signed too before he swapped to TDS and had to be released from his NLI – Good news is it looks like he sucks.

Staples
            Ute Fan
            @staples

He has certainly regressed this year compared to last. Part of it might be being asked to play out of position at center when he’s more a natural 4.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) I’m no basketball expert