I’m officially to the point

Viewing 5 reply threads

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

That I need to accept who we are. A 8-4 best case 9-3 football team most years. I love Whitt. But until he and the staff can prove otherwise, I am officially in the I’ll believe it when I see it camp. Which kinda sucks, I just wish we had one year. Just one year, where The expectations we have placed on our team can be met. There are no excuses. On paper, statistically, we should have won. But per usual we sh+* the bed. Just like at home against UW and WSU last year. 

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Was a fun season. I’ll be waiting with baited breath to see what consolation bowl we go to this year. Team s**t the bed when the lights were brightest.

RUUTES
        Ute Fan
        @ruutes

Agreed about how we play when seen as the lead dog. I think Kyle’s addicted to the underdog psych speech which can be very powerful. But it doesn’t translate to keeping kids sharp when they think they have things in the bag. I said to everyone a couple weeks ago I hoped we didn’t move into the top 10 because it worried me. If we’d remained in the 11-15 range and USC had beat BYU and remained ranked and c**ky we would have seen a different scenario play out. Also…Moss going down was also that terrible curve ball that can blow any team’s mind. USC see each 5 start widget as the same. We have to more heavily invest in each of our stars so it hurts more when one isn’t there.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Could be worse, I guess. We could have 4 and 5-star talent like UCLA and still suck ass.

ThurstonW
      Ute Fan
      @thurstonw

I’m with you.  Whitt/staff seem to always find a way to lose a couple of games they could/should have won.  If they took over the Alabama or Clemson programs, they’d be hard pressed to do better than 10-2. 

TexanUte
      Ute Fan
      @texanute

Forget the star talent out of high school. That is meaningless – the fact that Utah has put so many players in the NFL means this team has consistently under performed their talent. Until the program can bring their offense into the new century they are going to continue to struggle with close one score coin-flip games.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Or it means they develop what they have.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

How much of that NFL talent was 4 and 5 star players?  I think its the opposite. The staff gets more out of their players and turns them into NFL talent.

RUUTES
      Ute Fan
      @ruutes

Everyone upset that we’re an 8-4 or 9-3 team needs to remember that we also have 2 undefeated seasons in the last 15 years and are honestly trending up with resources and recruits. We are a team that consistently cracks the top 25. We aren’t playing in the bahamas bowl by default. No Pac-12 teams are going undefeated. And aside from scrub playing Bama anyone who does go undefeated doesn’t just have talent…they end up having plenty of lucky breaks along the way.

Last night we had unlucky breaks. happens.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I’m officially to the point