In years gone by

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

USC was known as tailback U and Penn State as linebacker U, etc.

So if Utah is to be known as great at finding and developing great players at a specific position what would it be?

It’s certainly not WR or QB even though we have had a couple of good ones and I like our current QB.

Up until a few years ago, it would have been kicker and punter, but not so much lately.

We are becoming stacked at LB, but I don’t think we have placed enough of them in the NFL to qualify as a great developer of LBs.

Dline and CB have been very good at times and we have placed some very good Olinemen.

But – my choice would be Safety U.  We have placed some excellent safeties in the NFL from Weddle on.  I think we have at least one guy on the current roster (Bishop) who will be an NFL guy.  We have a couple of more who also may be.

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

We’re 2 and 3 star guy to the NFL U!

Weddle, Smith, Lloyd, Tim Patrick, Leki Fotu, Julian Blackmon, Huntley, Penisini, Moss, Robert Johnson, Matt Gay, Mitch Wish., Marcus Williams, etc.

Johnny
      Ute Fan
      @johnny

**Big money U. I grew up in Los Angeles, yet lived half of my time going to college back east. Most of the population lives back east. However, since the 70s, it’s been a huge shift. Mainly because the population has almost doubled since 35 years ago.

Yes, it’s insane, but don’t move to Utah, because it ain’t the same.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football In years gone by