BD
      Participant

And an interesting post here.

UtesRule
      Participant

Would love to see Andre get a shot.

CoyoteUte
      Participant

I saw him at a concert the other night at the depot. Dude is still pretty good shape, and knows his Dr. Dre lol.

highlandute7
        Participant

Let’s get him on the staff and then maybe he can get Dr Dre to fund our NIL 🙂

Anfernee
          Participant

Peak Majerus-era legend. 17 years in the NBA. From Southern California. Andre has CONNECTIONS and relationships. Huuuuge even before NIL/portal era. And more so now.

Uteanooga
      Participant

That is a really interesting idea. Andre could be a fantastic coach. Does he want to work hard though? I’m sure he has plenty of resources to do whatever he wants. If he has the fire to compete as a coach he could do some damage.

Charlie
        Participant

Andre has the fire, he and the U would just need adequate mutual interest.

Rick
          Participant

I can tell you that Andre’s interest is high. The U’s (Smith’s) is not.

Charlie
            Participant

I don’t know Smith’s plans but for the good of the program he should let Manny Hendrix make this decision as the best one in the program to assess options. Not the time to wonder about foot steps. Hard to imagine this would not be a desire from the U’s side.

AlohaUte
      Participant

What qualifies him for the job? Has ever coached before.

I love Andre as much as the next guy, but coaching is different from.being a player. I’d rather find a quality, experienced coach.

ORute
      Participant

Not sure the Miller thing makes sense bc Smith will likely be gone after next year (barring a miracle) and who knows what a new coach will do with his staff. The big question is who will replace Smith and who will be making that call.

I take it with a grain of salt bc its a comment on an article, but did anyone see this comment?:

“What’s confusing? Look inside the huntsman center. Take a good hard look at who is sitting in the first 10-15 rows of that stadium. It’s not the same people that sat there for 30 plus years. The who’s who of Utah no longer attend. The mega jumbo whale contributors are out. I’m not talking $500 donors, or even $10,000 donors. I’m talking the heavy heavy hitters. The Dee dark red crimson club members. You will not see more than a handful of these folks at games. I was a staple on the second row courtside for 35 years plus. I can name by name at least 50 boosters that won’t donate another dime until Harlan is gone. Thousands of us gave up tickets. Thousands of us quit basketball and donate to gymnastics, softball, and football. Harlan is not nice at all. None of us like him because of his attitude toward boosters.
      He thinks he makes the program run. Fact is, boosters buy the. horsepower. Now that NIL is big, Harlan can’t do squat because none of us will donate. Now that he’s proven wrong, he’s blaming it on money. He’s got two faces and none of us like him.”

That’s pretty strong indictment. I havent heard this before, seems like the top boosters aren’t big Harlan fans? If so, thats cant be good since they hold the purse strings. I dont have strong feelings about Harlan; he’s kept the ship sailing through rough waters, but hasnt been a huge game changer. The question is–do we trust him to make the right call for the next MBB coach–Smith didn’t pan about and now boosters are rumbling? Time for fresh leadership?

UteThunder
        Participant

That’s interesting because Harlan’s big thing was supposed to be his fundraising ability. Then again, this is some rando commenting on an article. Could be totally made up.

MDUte
      Participant
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.