Is UW a must win to win the South? If not, will USC drop 2 more? What about ASU?

Viewing 9 reply threads

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

Burning questions.

Toughest remaining game (conf) for USC is Oregon, but they get them at home. Maybe ASU beats them, maybe Cal does, but is it likely?

What about ASU? Helps that Colorado beat them. Will probably lose to Oregon, but again, it is a home game for them. We need to own the tie-breaker, regardless. At least we get them at home (no, it won’t be like 2017).

Who knows how the division race will shape up, but realistically speaking, is the UW game a must-win? USC will drop at least 1 more, but I’m hoping they go full meltdown mode like last year. Maybe the #PAC12afterdark will get them, but we’re not immune to that curse either.

All that said, last night was amazing! I was there; it was glorious. Here’s to more of that. Go Utes!!!

Italy88
      Ute Fan
      @itacoatiara22

I don’t think it is a must win, but Utah can’t afford to lose any other conference games (outside of Washington). I do think USC is going to implode a bit after they get smoked by Notre Dame. Hoping they lose that game badly and then fall apart for the remaining conference slate. I could see them dropping Oregon, Cal and possibly ASU.

LetItRide
      Ute Fan
      @letitride

SC will drop two more easily. They are not as good as you think they are especially on the road. IMO

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

depends on slovis and how good he actually is. yards per play was pretty even vs UW for them. But Fink cant read a defense and so its either lobs or INTs

Dante Guardi
      Ute Fan
      @danteg12

USC cant win on the road. plain and simple. Plus they got a Pac12 after dark friday night game AT colorado which i think is a loss. we have ASU at home and it looks like that will be a top 20 matchup so Rice Eccles should be crazy and cause some problems for the Devils

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I see UW as a break even prospect with regards to us and USC.  In other words I think we lose to UW as well. 

2 1

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

+1 to the above. SC is a completely different team on the road, and I’d be very surprised if they didn’t drop at least two more.

I’m really hoping that USC was Utah’s annual WTF/”everything that could go wrong, does” game, and that we don’t have another brain fart somewhere along the line.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Great rebound win for Utah. WSU game at home was a good game to have especially after the WSU meltdown last week. TH was lights out. Kid is a warrior. Not sure he’s going to have the extra 1-2 seconds in the pocket like last night against ASU, UW, or Cal. Have to think USC has 1-2 more losses in them. Need UO to beat up USC and ASU. Utes need to take care of their own business and win out.

Keeping expectations in check, playing the devil based on watching the Utes in P12 the Utes have 1-2 more losses in them as well. I just don’t see Utah beating UW in Seattle. Dawgs are so well coached and seem to just reload and improve as the season goes on. UW’s defense losing all the starters improves every week. We know all too well Petersen’s ownership of KW. Maybe Ludwig changes that and is the difference maker.

It is crazy how these games come down to 5-8 key plays. Good time for a bye week to get ZM and others healed up. Redshirting Covey is great plan. The Wild-Wild P12 South is back on. Go Utes!

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

I hope it doesn’t come down to relying on Oregon again to clear our path. That game last year nearly gave me a heart attack.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Every game is must win from here on out.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I don’t see us winning out.  I see a couple of losses.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

I think we can get one of the two, Orgon or Washington. We need to get the others, have a good chance but have an uphill climb. USC and ASU have their challenges as well. There is not a dominate team in the south, it will be taken by the one that get a big win or two. WSU can do us a favor and get ASU in two weeks before they come to SLC.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Is UW a must win to win the South? If not, will USC drop 2 more? What about ASU?