Jakob with 20 and 16 in a W for the Spurs

Viewing 1 reply thread

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Delon with 18 10 8 and 2 in a W. Kuzma took over and won a game for the Lakers the other day.

3 2

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

imagine having all 3 of these guys on one team and not winning 30 games. Larry had NO IDEA how to utilize kuzma ever and Jakob was massively underutilized his first year

Ute2
        Ute Fan
        @ute2

I’m not sure that’s fair.  Kuzma was totally RAW when they were all sharing the court.  He was not the guy you see before you today.  He was not a skilled player early on.

and Poetl was great and highly utilized both years he was here.

one thing that makes me feel for coach is that he never got to see the fruits of his labor with kuzma.  And he did great work with kuzma.  And kuzma split the year he was going to finally blossom into a superstar.  That was a bad beat for k.

3 1

rbmw263
          Ute Fan
          @rbmw263

he wasnt as raw as you think. His quickness as a 6’9 player was never weaponized in the offense and that was always there

4 1

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Exactly. I felt like Coach wanted to run his offense instead of utilizing his players strengths which didn’t fit Kuzmas style at all.

1 1

Ute2
              Ute Fan
              @ute2

Naaah that’s revisionist history.

the cool thing about the kuzma story was what kind of player he developed into here.  

but he started as a dude that could dunk and crash boards and that was it.  

as far as Larry is concerned it’s far less about him using kuzma wrong and far more about him turning kuz into a 1st rd. Draft pick.

Rick
            Ute Fan
            @rickyrules

No offense but Kuzma’s basketball IQ was near zero when he got here.  He was nothing like the player he is now and to assert that Larry and Utah had nothing to do with his development or utilization is just not true.

Staples
        Ute Fan
        @staples

I’m curious about the underutilized statement. He basically saw the second most amount of touches on the team behind Delon Wright. Kuzma and Chapman are mixed in there as well but didn’t see the same amount of minutes. So unless you’re saying that the ball should have been taken out of Delon’s hands more …. I just don’t see it. I know the natural reaction is to go “that team had three NBA guys, Larry underachieved!” until you realize they lost in the Sweet Sixteen, by 6 points, to a Duke team that went on to win the national championship with 8 NBA guys on their roster.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports NBA Jakob with 20 and 16 in a W for the Spurs