Jayce Johnson was 4/5 tonight and is shooting 58% on the season.

Viewing 10 reply threads
      5 2

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

He’s not a world beater with his athleticism. I think his hips are too high and this gives him a disadvantage in losing leverage against other posts. 

But…I don’t think he’s hurting the team as much as some people on this board like to claim. I think he ads value. I’m glad he’s a Ute. Do I wish we had a Bogut or Poeltl in front of him, sure. but we don’t. 

5 5

Italy88
      Ute Fan
      @itacoatiara22

He’s awful. I would never pass the ball to him because he probably wouldn’t catch it. I had high hopes for him, but so far he has been so frustrating to watch.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I saw him open a lot around the cup. Guys see the double team but can’t see him. It is weird. 

palos_verdes_ute
      Ute Fan
      @palos-verdes-ute

He adds value to the team in his defensive stance and rebounding.  But his offensive moves in down post are awful and I cringe when he has the ball.   I think we have a better chance in scoring from the outside then him with ball down low post.  He’ll either travel or just throw up a brick.  I’m just baffled that he’s been with the program for 4 years now, and he hasn’t improve his post moves.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

The thing is… he HAS IMPROVED IMMENSELY. He was just historically terrible when he arrived

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

He also chucked it 4 times in the second half alone to a guy that was clearly covered by a Cal player and can’t pass out of the low post to an open corner 3 shooter.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

His shooting percentage should be damn near 100%, because the only shots he should be taking are dunks and layups. He has zero outside game.  He gets outrebounded all the time. He threw the ball away at least twice tonight.  He’s bound to get some rebounds, just by default. He’s freaking 7 feet tall.  He’s horrible from the foul line. Did you notice who was in the game in crunch time tonight?  Small ball. 

2 1

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

He is the worst starting center we have had as far as I can remember

palos_verdes_ute
      Ute Fan
      @palos-verdes-ute

The funny thing, he skipped his senior year in high school because he probably thought he was ready.  

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

i think his impact on our defense has always been largely undervalued by a great portion of our fan base. We’ve been incredibly bad on that end when he sits since jakob graduated

Dante Guardi
      Ute Fan
      @danteg12

Lets walk through a Jayce Johnson Possession…
      STEP 1- get the ball, he either catches or drops it and turns it over. U never know what ur gonna get its 50/50
      STEP 2- Make some weird post move
      STEP 3- Attract the double team and get it stolen/ jump ball or make a lousy pass.
      STEP 4- Shoot it, he will make it when hes wide open, but if he is contested in the slightest form, he will miss.
      BOTTOM LINE- He shouldnt shoot unless he is wide open. He is a mediocre rebounder and a good defender.

Utephoria
      Ute Fan
      @utephoria

He seams very uncoordinated, spastic if you will. Whenever the balls comes into him on the low post, I consider it a turnover in a matter of seconds.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Jayce Johnson was 4/5 tonight and is shooting 58% on the season.