Jayden Daniels

Viewing 1 reply thread

Stone
      Ute Fan
      @stone

I recall a lot of conspiracy theories about why Daniels chose ASU over Utah. But seems like the most likely reason he chose to play there over Utah is the most obvious–a chance for immediate playing time. And, based on what has happened this season, he chose well. 

Had he chosen Utah, he would have been competing this year against: (a) a multi-year starter, Huntley, (b) a starter for half of the year last year and helped the team to win the south division, Shelley, and (c) the other QBs on the roster already. Who knows when he would have seen the field this year or next.

Of course, wish we had him in the pipeline, but for all the hand-wringing over losing recruits, people need to understand that sometimes kids want to play immediately and go where they think that is most likely to happen–it does not necessarily point to some deeper meaning.

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

I think most people snickered when ASU hired Herm, but if we’re being honest he’s been off to a great start, especially with recruiting. I still hate ASU, but it’s a different kind of hate than the one I had for Turd Graham’s ASU.

Utahute72
        Ute Fan
        @utahute72

Yea, he just picked up a four star back an receiver from Folsom. He’s building some unbelievable pipeline in California.

MFury
          Ute Fan
          @mfury

I bet it is hard to compete with Herm’s NFL rolodex on the recruiting trail. It may not be real, but probably easy to sell.

COUte
          Ute Fan
          @coute

Ngata? He hasn’t committed anywhere.

Utahute72
            Ute Fan
            @utahute72

Ngata? He hasn’t committed anywhere.

My response… Not formally, but every recruiting expert has him going that direction.

Gary Sapp
        Ute Fan
        @uofuman

If he can stop turning out the Burficks and other sketchy players that alone will be a big plus for ASU and the rest of the conference. I cringe every time I see him mentioned doubly so if they note he is from ASU or the Pac-12.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Jayden Daniels