Jazz game last night.

Viewing 2 reply threads
      8 1

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

The TDS fans at that game were shameful. Seriously cheering for the other team for a guy that’s not a good NBA player? I hate to say it, but I wouldn’t blame Mitchell or Gobert for taking off. Who wants to play for a team who’s fans cheer for opposing players?

2 4

Italy88
      Ute Fan
      @itacoatiara22

I’ll be skinned for this, but I don’t think it is shameful at all.  Jimmer was an extremely rare college player and talent.  Most knew/predicted before he went to the NBA that he wouldn’t pan out.  His story is pretty interesting and he has not given up on his dream to make it in the league.  I was hoping that he did well in the garbage time he got when the Suns were down 30.

As a huge Utah fan and BYU hater, it’s hard for me to hate on Jimmer after his college days.  To me, it’s like disliking kids from high school that you meet ten years after graduation.  People have to move on.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Couple things about what you said. Yes he was a great college player. Key word there being college
        This was a professional basketball game being played in Utah. The opposing player got more love than our own. He doesn’t play for the Jazz. There is no good reason for Jazz fans to cheer him on during the game. Especially when he shoots 10% from the field and kept Booker from his 60 point night. No one is a Jimmer hater. It’s the unreasonable fans that people can’t stand. He was great in college, that’s it. He’s not an NBA player.

Italy88
          Ute Fan
          @itacoatiara22

So pretty much exactly what I said…reading comprehension is hard. I used the word college for that specific reason.
          It was a 30-point blowout.

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

No not at all what you said. As you said, reading comprehension is hard. I pointed out that it’s NOT Jimmer that people hate. You likened it to not liking someone 10 years after high school. Also, you were defending Jazz fans last night. I was not. Try keeping up.

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

Jimmer should keep his dreams to himself. No one should need to help him and his fans with his dream. This is not Make a Wish, what about all the other people that are simply involved with the Jazz season and have to sit thru the event. I would suggest a game in Provo with local players where Jimmer scores most the points for both teams, as a better alternative.

Sweetness
        Ute Fan
        @sweetness

Hot take warning:

I wholeheartedly agree here. It was a little over the top, but it was a 30 point blowout. At that point, what else were the fans going to cheer about?!

I usually can’t stomach watching any BYU sports, but when Jimmer played it was appointment television for me. He’s one of the few BYU athletes I’ve ever liked watching and kind of cheered for.

For my money, I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything more entertaining in college basketball than watching fricken Frodo Baggins drop 43 on Kawhi and hit big shot after big shot when both teams were ranked in the top 10/15. Last night was just nastolgic BYU fans trying to recapture some of the magic they felt while he played for them. Spare me the “this was an embarrassment” grumbling. I watched sports center after to see the highlight of the game and other than the cheer for his introduction his name wasn’t mentioned once. It was all about Devin Booker and his 59 points.

He was to college basketball what steph curry was to the NBA 6-7 years ago. He dominated the game in a style no one else had done at that level and the fact that he was a 6’2 white kid made it all the more improbable and entertaining to watch. It wasn’t just the media in Utah that was fawning over him. He was the biggest name in college basketball and the player of the year.

I feel like trashing Jimmer is our version of how BYU fans obsess over trying to discredit the pac12. Just give credit where credit is due, and move on.

Hot take over.

2 1

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

That’s fine. Most of what you posted was about him playing I college. Sports center might not have noticed but the Jazz players did, and yes it was embarrassing. Who wants to play for a team that cheers louder for a below average opposing player when your center just set an NBA record? I know I wouldn’t. I’m not sure if you listen to Dan Patrick but he had Jimmer on this morning, not Booker, not Gobert. Do you think Dan Payrick could have had either one of those two on if he wanted them? Of course he he could. Jazz fans were embarrassing last night. If not to the rest of the country, to any other players in the league that might notice, period.

1 3

Sweetness
            Ute Fan
            @sweetness

Cry me a river. Jazz players may think it’s weird, but do you think that’s going to have any actual effect on how they feel about playing in Utah? Down the stretch and in the playoffs the smart house is going to be insane as always, and no one’s going to hardly remember, let alone care about what happened last night. The reason Jimmer was on Dan Patrick is because of all the reasons I listed…he was one of the most dynamic college basketball players of the last decade. It’s not like this is some regular occurring phenomenon and problem with our fanbase. If any of the Jazz players have an issue with what happened, it could be resolved in 30-second conversation.

Like, let’s play this out. You think Dennis Lindsey is going to be sitting across from Donovan Mitchell negotiating an extension and the don’s going to be like…”Damn Dennis, I really like this offer, but that god damned night on March 25th when Jimmer Fredette came to town…haven’t gotten over that. Sorry I’m not re-signing.” Or they give an offer to Bogdan Bogdanovic, and Bogdan’s all…”that offer looks really nice…but
            you can’t fool me. You bet your ass I heard about what happened with Jimmer…not happening Dennis…not happening.”

The idea that this will have any sort of long-term impact just seems absurd to me. Maybe I’m wrong.

Central Coast Ute
              Ute Fan
              @flip2848

Do you think it helps anything with Jazz players? Seriously? Yeah can have a huge impact. Don’t believe me? Go back and listen to what Mitchell said a couple of weeks ago about trying to get people to come and play here. Or what Deron Williams said as well. No this probably isn’t going to be what determines if a player stays or not. It certainly does not help. I wouldn’t like playing for a team that cheers more for a guy that shot 10% than they did for Gobert setting a dunk record, in the NBA. let’s not kid ourselves.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

I’ve taken a lot of crap for saying that jazz fans are the worst in the NBA. The past few years – and especially the last month – have not done much to change my mind.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

I’m starting to agree with you. One thing I’ve noticed on other boards is byu fans blaming Ute fans. After last night, it’s clear who shows up to Jazz games more.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo Jazz game last night.