Kansas runs a similar offense to Utah

Viewing 3 reply threads

Charlie Foxtrot
      Ute Fan
      @charliefoxtrot

I am watching the Kansas UCF game, and Kansas runs a very similar offense to Utah. Multiple 2/3 tight end sets, running between the tackles etc. What I notice the most is how much that type of offense relies on the run game to make things work. If JJ were healthy and Bernard was not out for the year, I think our offense would be much more productive even with an inexperienced QB.

ReconUte
      Ute Fan
      @reconute

Maybe. Problem is the Utah Oline couldn’t block Stephen Hawking right now.

Charlie Foxtrot
        Ute Fan
        @charliefoxtrot

True, O block needs to improve, but it would also be nice if our primary/secondary backs could take some contact and not go down right away as well.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

LOL…that visual…

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

Bull s**t. No o-line can block 8 in the box with 6+ defenders coming downhill because the QB can’t throw past 10 yards.

DataUte
      Ute Fan
      @scotwaye

Wait, Bernard is out for the year? I thought it was 4-6 weeks. Maybe I missed something or an mixing it up with someone else. We need a tracker this year

Larry B
        Ute Fan
        @larryb

Becker was 4-6 weeks. Bernard is out for the season.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

The Oline is not the problem right now.
      5 guys can’t block 7 or 8.

The problem is no threat of a passing game. Teams are stacking the box and when Utah tries to spread teams out with 4 WRs they can’t get open.

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

The same OL gets quite better as soon as Utah presents a run and pass threat. Have you ever seen a great OL when the offense is predictable?

bopahull
          Ute Fan
          @bopahull

I don’t understand. What’s so predictable about running up the middle on 1st and 2nd downs then attempting a 3 yard pass on 3rd an 6?

stbone
        Ute Fan
        @stbone

Also, strangely for having a quarterback with the speed of NJ, we are not threatening the edges. We could get by without passing if we threatened the edges with jet sweeps or option. If we aren’t going to pass, we should probably call Fisher DeBerry and see if we can borrow his offense.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Kansas runs a similar offense to Utah