Kansas State AD lays out 7 scenarios for NCAA Div 1 football

Viewing 2 reply threads

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Kansas State AD with scenarios that are possible including some some odd split schedules between fall and spring.

I think they’ll try to get it done in fall — what do you think?

https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article242437566.html

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Meanwhile SEC is apparently willing to play the fall sched even if others do not participate…

https://www.si.com/college/olemiss/football/will-the-sec-play-football-alone

1 1

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

This is what we need to pay attention to. The SEC – not the NCAA or politicians – are the real operators of college football (and college sports overall). Whatever they decide to do, the rest of the conferences and the rest of the fall sports will fall in line and do the same thing.

I still expect CFB will start on time, but with empty stadiums. However I’m not sure it will finish on time. The question is, how far into the fall do we make it before it gets shut down again?

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

The SEC might not be in control. They may just learn the limits of their power.

2 3

UteThunder
          Ute Fan
          @utethunder

Or the state & federal governments will learn the limits of theirs.

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

I’ll continue to hold out hope that football gets played in the Fall until we officially hear otherwise. Having the season be played in the spring would suck; football belongs in the fall. I would be fine with a later start, or even dropping the non-conference games. Just play it in the fall.

1 1

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Virus transmissions be damned. Football is more important.

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

Basketball has played through flu outbreaks before, even among basketball players.  With new treatments, testing and preventive measures, and a long shot at a vaccine, I think it can be done without undue risk (there is always some risk).

2 2

Utesbyfive
            Ute Fan
            @utesbyfive

This is insanely more contagious than the flu. Even with a similar death rate, this means far more deaths. ETA, I love how some of you downvote facts. Just the kind of thing sending us right back into a resurgence of this virus.

PlainsUte
              Ute Fan
              @plainsute

Insanely more contagious?  I agree its insidious that people can be contagious before they feel any real symptoms, I think that’s what makes it worse — regular testing of players can avoid this problem on the field/court.  Otherwise its an RNA coronavirus like a cold virus, its not like its radioactive and can infect you at a distance or something.

Utesbyfive
                Ute Fan
                @utesbyfive

The R0 factor for COVID-19 is about 4. Please look that up in relation to any other virus or bacteria inflicting us today, and report back.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Kansas State AD lays out 7 scenarios for NCAA Div 1 football