Local kids in the NFL draft

Viewing 3 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

It’s fun to see a couple of Utah kids do well in the NFL draft.  I do not like the college teams they played for, but I hope they both do well.  Wilson likely would have gone to Utah had we offered, but we didn’t and the rest is history.  I admit that I do not like ZW’s mom.  But, ZW seems to be an okay kid, just played for the wrong college team. 🙂

It will be interesting how to see how Mrs. Wilson handles the ruthless New York media.  I think it will be hard for her.  She is a mama bear.  I hope for her son’s sake that she has learned that is better to sit, watch and enjoy and not try to defend her son.

I remember sitting by  McCoy’s dad in 1993/1994.  Some fans who didn’t know that he was the father of the QB yelled some very inappropriate things about MC from time to time.  He never commented back.  A good friend of his asked him why he didn’t react.  He said that he learned a long time ago that getting involved with the angry fans never helped.  He was a very wise man.

Stone
      Ute Fan
      @stone

Agreed, it is great to see some local kids make the NFL. All things considered, Wilson made a good choice for him. I don’t think he would be where he is now if he had gone anywhere else. BYU’s offensive scheme and schedule allowed him to showcase his skills in a way that likely would not have occurred elsewhere. Hope he does well in the NFL.

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

Indeed the NY media (and fans too) can be quite tough, especially when a player or team is struggling.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

… which in the jets case has been since Joe Namath.

His mom got noticed by the way. We’ll see how it goes once sacks start

https://nypost.com/2021/04/30/zach-wilsons-mom-trends-on-twitter-after-jets-select-him-in-nfl-draft/

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Maybe mom can get on “Real Housewives of New Jersey”  since she seems to seek the media attention (NY Jets actually train/play in New Jersey).

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Local kids in the NFL draft