Locker rooms

Viewing 4 reply threads

Walkman
      Ute Fan
      @btw6btw6

I thought as part of the stadium upgrade they were building new locker rooms for the team.  Has there been any photos released of this area yet?  It seems like this has been a very quiet portion of the transformation of the stadium.  Is there a day scheduled for an unveiling?  TDS really played their new locker rooms up to the world – I am wondering what the plans are if we have made some upgrades also

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

Perhaps the locker rooms will be included in August 21 event where we can tour the new parts of the stadium

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

Yes, the free tour on August 21st will give the public access to the KGRZ facilities, including: Locker Rooms (home & visiting), Field Club, Suite Club, Premium Terrace, and Restaurant. 

Here’s a link to more information on the event, which also has the link to download the free tickets:

Ken Garff Red Zone – Public Open House

astUTE
      Ute Fan
      @astute

I could be mistaken, but I thought the new facility had only new visiting locker rooms, and the Ute locker rooms would remain at the football facility on Guardsman Way; does anyone know for sure?

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

There is a locker room at the practice field for practice. There is a locker room at the stadium for game day or other stadium practices like the spring game. And of course, we would not build out new lockers for the visiting team and keep our team in vintage 80s lockers, or make our team run out to the practice field at halftime.

KoolWhitt
      Ute Fan
      @koolwhitt

Yes, the expansion includes amazing new locker rooms for both the home team and the visitors. 

I think the reason we might not have seen much publicity on that part of the expansion yet is because those areas require a lot of finish work that takes a long time and also is completed towards the very end of the project. Specifically, apparently there is a ton of tile work and wood paneling to install. Plus lighting fixtures, kitchen appliances, carpeting, TVs, etc. Stuff that doesn’t take a lot of time but also can’t be done until the very end.

The last video update from the Athletic Department’s Twitter (posted 7/21) does show a few views of (I believe) the visitor’s locker room (not finished at the time, but getting there). The video is here; locker room footage begins right around 1:05.

Also, you can view full construction plans online that show exactly what is underneath all of the SEZ seating; it’s pretty impressive and a gigantic upgrade from the old facilities. I’m sure the team will be happy to show them off once they are finished.

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

It used to be that teams would purposely build bad locker rooms for the visiting teams (I remember Ohio St. painted their visitor locker room pink), but today things are different. You want a really nice locker room for the visitors, because half their players are probably going to transfer after the season, so you want to make a good impression and maybe you can land one or two of them.

Heike
      Ute Fan
      @heike

(I remember Ohio St.* painted their visitor locker room pink

*Iowa

UrbanLiar
        Ute Fan
        @urbanliar

Pink lockers compliments of Iowa Hawkeye coach Hayden Fry in 1979.

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

My bad…it was Iowa, not Ohio St. Sorry…I tend to get my useless flyover states confused.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Locker rooms