Looking at the PAC12 schedule.

Viewing 2 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

fUCLA beats the Buffs. 
      Wazzu beats the Ducks. Oregon is very overrated. 
      Cal beats Zona easily. 
      Utah beats ASU easily. 
      Stanford loses to Washington. 
      ………and

Yeah SC is gonna lose in Corvallis. 

4 3

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

unfortunately, three of those results will not benefit Utah. OSU and WSU are nice stories but Utah needs SC and Oregon to win every week so they stay highly ranked and are good wins – assuming Utah wins. Utah doesn’t play Cal so Arizona getting that win will also help SOS.

In a year where SC misses both UW and Oregon, you want them at 8-1 with the only loss to Utah. Oregon can have two losses if they are to Utah and UW. UW runs the table and then loses in the CCG to 12-1 Utah. That’s the only scenario I see where Utah gets a playoff invite.

prestitute
        Ute Fan
        @prestitute

Honestly, we just need to win out. If we do that, we will be fine. At 12-1 with wins over many solid teams (the league finally did a pretty good job outside of league play, Oregon and Utah are the ones with the worst losses, and neither loss looks to be that bad), I think we have no issues making the playoff. 

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

Oregon at WSU has upset written all over it. I think USC wins an ugly one. And Utah will win, but make it look harder than it should (I really hope it’s a rout, though).

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

We always make everything look arder than it should be (except last year’s two Oregon games). 

Stone
        Ute Fan
        @stone

I am always in fear of the games where it is assumed we will roll over a team (such as this week at ASU). Utah has often struggled against ASU in Tempe. Plus, the firing of a coach and the humiliation of last week’s loss makes for some unknowns. Yes, it could cause ASU to completely fall apart. But the shaking up of things can cause a team to step things up. ASU has an opportunity to make a big statement with a ranked Utah team coming to town.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Looking at the PAC12 schedule.