Looking back at 2016 recruiting, a bunch of 3 stars with NFL

Viewing 1 reply thread

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

Potential.
      Moss, Huntley, Anae, Fotu, Blackmon, and more.

This is why I’m optimistic about the future. The recruiting is getting better but the formula is the same, you have to find guys with potential and develop these guys for the next level.
      2016 Rivals

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Goodness, Mitch was a 2 star on the way to an all-American. Samson, Devontae and Fotu were other 2 stars. Along with a bunch of 3 stars that will play in the NFL. Garett was easy to see but so many others have developed beyond what others thought. A very good class.

1 3

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

Good group but I don’t see a “bunch” of NFL players. Moss and Anae are locks to be drafted. Fotu and Blackmon are fringe, will probably get camp invites. Blackmon could play his way into getting drafted if he had a big year at Safety. Huntley is a long shot but probably not going to happen.

Still a pretty good year though.

TheJuggernaut
          Ute Fan
          @thejuggernaut

Athlon thinks pretty highly of both Blackmon and Fotu, in their top 25 PAC12 2020 draft prospects they rate Johnson #3 (behind Herbert and Shenault), Fotu #6, Moss #15, Blackmon #18, Anae #19.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/top-25-pac-12-2020-nfl-draft-prospects-watch

UtMtBiker
            Ute Fan
            @utmtbiker

They also have Khalil Tate at #10. The GM that drafts Tate gets fired.

TheJuggernaut
              Ute Fan
              @thejuggernaut

Yeah that one’s a headscratcher, he’s not getting drafted.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Fotu is a lock to be sure. A DT that size and can move like that will be drafted guaranteed. I’m not so sure on Blackmon, but he will get camp invites.

UtMtBiker
            Ute Fan
            @utmtbiker

Blackmon had a rough year last year. Got beat a bunch but he’s a great tackler. I think the move to safety will be the right move for him. Hope he kills it and becomes Utahs next great DB in the League.

gUrthBrooks
          Ute Fan
          @hammer

Lol. Fotu is like top 5 DT in the country

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Looking back at 2016 recruiting, a bunch of 3 stars with NFL