Ludwig #3 on top list of offensive coordinators – agree?

Viewing 2 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

These lists are often just click bait, so yeah I took the bait. Ludwig is #3 in the country? Agree or disagree and why?

4 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Without clicking the link seems fair especially for Utah fans. I mean no way in hell a Utah fan will admit the Ohfense Coordinator is number one. Fans are happy enough but wish he was Urban. That sums up most of the fan base. 

I mean not me though I am an outlier. I think Ludwig is like 10th or something stupid. 

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I am not sure if he is number 3 or not.  However, he is innovative.  He ended up with three amazing tight ends and he found a way to utilize them effectively.  He has taken us to three straight conference championships (throw out 2020).  So, regardless – he is very good and he works well with Whitt.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

In the WHOLE country third?  I mean that is pretty high expectations. I am interested to see how he handles this season and especially the next. 

//r00t4Utes
          Ute Fan
          @r00t4utes

Yeah I thought it would be 3rd on the PAC12 not country.

Not sure what the qualifiers were on the rankings but I have to think winning and recruiting might factor in, as the numbers and winning out perform what the recruiting (stars) suggest.

Like we all know the U, isn’t getting the same WRs and QBs that Ohio St, USC, Alabama, Oklahoma and LSU is getting. But Ludwig is still churning out yards, points and wins.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

Tough call. Do we eliminate Head Coaches who clearly act as titular OC’s like Ryan Day, Kiffin, Sarkisian, Riley, Dillingham etc?

I don’t pretend to know the value of every current OC in FBS but Kendal Briles and Jeff Lebby are definitely ahead of Ludwig. Ryan Grubb at UW, the guy Saban hired away from Notre Dame (Rees?), Monken (is he back in the NFL?), is Chad Morris an OC again? Spavital, Seth Littrel, Kingsbury is back at SC.,,

A really good OC usually gets a head coaching gig at some point in his career and I don’t know that Ludwig has ever been in the running. I also don’t know if he has ever interviewed so it could be by choice.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Ludwig #3 on top list of offensive coordinators – agree?