MBB at Oregon State

Viewing 7 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Game just started on PAC-12TV. It will go past my bedtime. I’ll try to hang as long as I can but I get awful sleepy at 10pm. LOL

gandalf
      Ute Fan
      @gandalf

Good start. 8-0.

UtesRule
        Ute Fan
        @utesrule

Up 32-16 at the half

alexsmith
      Ute Fan
      @alexsmith

With UCLA’s loss tonight, we now control our own destiny to a regular season PAC 12 title! Haha

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

Haha! Where’s all the bitches against Craig Smith, now? Too bad the regular season champ isn’t an auto bid to the tourney!

Utesby1
          Ute Fan
          @garykennedy

This is the first time in Coach Smith’s tenure that we have demolished a team on the road. Another sign of progress.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

This game was over in the first few minutes! Woot. 

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

They say defense travels. It does, but sometimes the Runnin Utes have been guilty of forgetting to pack their defense. They definitely packed it on this trip.

UtesRule
        Ute Fan
        @utesrule

Defense has been consistently good all year. It’s the OHfense that has been absent at times, especially on the road.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

I like what smith is doing as much as the next guy but I think we are getting ahead of ourselves a bit.

The team D is incredible right now but his team is still lacking offensively.

They’ve also benefited from playing the lower half of the Pac12 teams.

Utah’s remaining thought games.

Road game vs.
      Oregon
      Arizona
      ASU
      Colorado

Home vs
      UCLA
      USC

Utah will only be favored in 1 of those games home vs SC

Going 3-3 in these games will be a miracle

Smith has done a great job and the team is progressing but pump the breaks a bit on expectations til Vegas.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Beavers had frigid shooting (part of that attributed to sound Ute defense).  Utah didn’t exactly shoot lights out, if we had we might have won by 50 or so.

Glad to get this one out of the way as it would have been our first quad 3 loss and we have not done well there over the years against an opponent who usually is one of the weaker teams.  Now we play the Ducks who are having a down year and who we really are capable of beating this time, even in Eugene. 

alexsmith
        Ute Fan
        @alexsmith

I definitely don’t disagree, this team isn’t in a spot for a championship yet. But it can be fun to fantasize 😂

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

We outrebounded them by 10 boards.  When this team outrebounds their opponents they win.  When the don’t they almost always lose.  Both teams shot poorly but when you eliminate second chance points from your opponent that usually is a good thing.  It is also a huge barometer of our team’s hustle and in-game intensity.  We need to keep the Ducks off the offensive glass or they will beat us again.  Count on it.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

We’re now 15-0 when leading at the half…..We’re 0-7 when not leading.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) MBB at Oregon State