MBB at USC

Viewing 3 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Tight game half way through 2nd half. Would be nice to pull this one off.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Sigh. 

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

Branden Carlson’s dad is p**sed on Twitter. That is all.

Ute2
          Ute Fan
          @ute2

Curious.  What’s he mad at?

alexsmith
            Ute Fan
            @alexsmith

Just went and looked, was furious that they went away from Carlson in the second half. Valid, but also couldn’t get many looks as the defense had changed to guarding him. Unfortunately, our guards need to become more of a scoring presence for this team to win games again

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Just turning it over now. 

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Tony, it was nice while it lasted. This team has been definitely found out. The way they have been playing, who can they beat in their remaining schedule? Maybe Washington State at home, maybe Oregon State away, and likely California and Stanford at home. Every other game is a loss in my book. So, if all goes well, you’re looking at 16-15 in Smith’s second season. Better than K’s second season which was 14-17 but disappointing nonetheless considering the great conference start we got.

alexsmith
        Ute Fan
        @alexsmith

Maybe I have the red goggles on, but from the looks of it, I still think we win 5 of our next 6 games. That brings us to 10-4 in conference, with Colorado twice, ucla and usc at home, and Arizona and asu on the road. I might be crazy, but I think that you take 2 of those 4 (probably 1 of the colorados and 1 of the home stand against california schools) which finishes conference at 12-8 and the season at 19-12. That slots you about 4, 5, or 6 in Vegas and gets gives you a genuine chance to get to 20 wins. I still believe, and think this next home series is where we finally figure out our shooting slump and rebounding slump again

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

We’ll see what happens. I just don’t think that the Utes match up well with that remaining schedule. Their shooting has been way off in the last three games and really needs to improve in order to have a chance to split the Colorado series or the games at the Huntsman.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.