Mbb vs Trees

Viewing 3 reply threads
      6 1

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

First half started fairly well but the second half of the first half really got ugly.

belli1976
      Ute Fan
      @belli1976

Solid win

Matthew Thomas Castleton
        Ute Fan
        @mcastleton928

It was a fantastic win. That’s another Quad 1 win. Minnesota is also looking like a much better win now than it was at the start of the season. I think the Gophers could get into the Top 30 of the net rankings, which would make our win over them ANOTHER Quad 1 win. That would be FOUR Q1 wins. I know all you might not like it, but, if Utah finishes strong down the stretch, they realistically could be an NCAA Tournament bubble team. They still have a couple more opportunities for Q1 wins as well (@ Oregon, @ Stanford, vs. Colorado). The Pac-12 is a really, really good conference this year. If Utah gets to 10 or even 9 conference wins, I think that will really be good enough this season to actually make it to the tourney.

3 1

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’ve figured out one thing. We have no real outside or even medium range shooting threats.

Matthew Thomas Castleton
        Ute Fan
        @mcastleton928

Um, I’m pretty sure Stanford had something to do with that. They are the best defensive team in the Pac-12 and one of the best in the country. They’re leading the Pac-12 in scoring defense.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

My observation isn’t just for the Stanford game.  We have no consistent outside shooters. 

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

Actually Tony is right. We’re not a good outside shooting team. I think Martinez solves that next year.

Unfortunately, our half court offense leads to a lot of outside shots as well. I wish we could get the ball inside more from the half court offense.

utefansince79
          Ute Fan
          @utefansince79

Just a magnificent night for Carlson who was 2 blocks away from a triple-double. 

Utah really needs a few road wins if they want to move into the tourney discussion.

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

He was definitely player of the game.  Really had a breakthrough night.

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

We’ve got 5 guys on the team that I am comfortable with even considering taking a three point shot. Jones, Battin, Gach, Brenchley, Plummer. All of those guys are capable of knocking down open threes, and getting hot… but they all seem to have issues with consistency when it comes to shooting. We have guys that can shoot, but none that I would call reliable.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

When your best offensive player is a guard that makes Ben Simmons look like a good shooter, you have a spacing problem.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.