Mid-offseason level garbage early. “Pathetic 12” opposed to 12 team playoff?

Viewing 5 reply threads

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Dan Wetzel is dunking on Larry Scott’s complaints about the 12 team playoff. Published yesterday. Maybe someone should point out Larry Scott’s basically in the office til next week, and not exactly the voice of University presidents? I haven’t been following closely but this strikes me as Twitter quality hot taking.

I’m sure this is going over great with Kliavkof. Why would you do that as a columnist? I’m sure he thinks he’s tagging a walking dead man but the guy after him is going to remember.

https://sports.yahoo.com/the-p-now-stands-for-pathetic-thanks-to-pac-12-commissioners-cfp-whining-012755872.html

Dallas
      Ute Fan
      @dallas

The article wasn’t too critical of the universities. The focus was mostly on excoriating Larry Scott. Probably should’ve picked another title.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

LS should’ve kept it private….The idea isn’t faulty, but rather going public w/it was the problem.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

He’s treating a lame duck’s opinion as the views of the conference and using that to attack the conference. Wilner dunks on Scott all the time, but he isn’t dragging the conference into it. Pac needs to win some big ooc games this year.

Johnny
      Ute Fan
      @johnny

Dan Wetzel blows

Duhwayne
        Ute Fan
        @duhwayne

He sure did here.

3 2

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

Scott won’t be the commish anymore but he will be paid through the end of his contract which is June 2022.

At some point, his inadequacy for the job stopped being his fault and move to the Pac presidents. They own every mistake, error and negative that came from keeping Scott in his job well after he had proven that he could not do it. They are also the ones who signed off on the offices in San Francisco, the bloated contract extension, allowing him to layoff staff in 2020 while still getting his bonuses. You can hardly blame Scott for pulling a Hunter Biden and getting paid for something he had no expertise or ability to do.

Johnny
        Ute Fan
        @johnny

I haven’t looked up his background, but he definitely took advantage of the opportunities he had. Living too big for us to fathom.

I don’t care how much the dude makes, as long as it’s fruitful for the athletes.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Mid-offseason level garbage early. “Pathetic 12” opposed to 12 team playoff?