Mike Leach cites problems with fat little girlfriends again…

Viewing 2 reply threads

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

In Starkville, the players apparently also like fish sandwiches and lemonade…

https://twitter.com/JonSokoloff/status/1589129076526419968

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Based..

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I used to think Leach was funny. When his team started to lose he started throwing his players under the bus. Not cool.  He’s a prick. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

To be fair it his players fat g/f going under the bus. 

4 1

Charlie Foxtrot
        Ute Fan
        @charliefoxtrot

Leach seems like a PR nightmare from university administration standpoint.  I get that this is football and there is a certain culture involved, but I would think that would/should be internal to the team/players and not to the media.  I’m sure he is trying to be funny and a lot of it is just his personality, but like Tony said throwing your players under the bus when things go badly isn’t cool.

I was in the Marine Corps late 80’s early 90’s, if I’m not up to snuff fell free to let me know directly.  There isn’t really anything anone could say to me or about me that would bother me as I have pretty thick skin from my military experience.  If I am a problem or my effort is suspect, then call me out in front of the team behind closed doors.  Let me be held accountable by my brothers that I sweat and bleed with.  If Leach is p**sed about his teams weaknesses and deficiencies, it should be handled internally between the coaches/players.

Maybe he thinks that calling out his team in the media is motivational?  It seems to me that tactic would probably impact recruiting in a negative way.  I my eyes that type of leadership is not motivational and he just comes accross as an ass.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Good point, Vince Lombardi had a quote about people management, something like, “Praise publicly and criticize privately.”  Not sure even he followed that, exactly, but something good to try to follow, anyway.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Mike Leach cites problems with fat little girlfriends again…