Minnesota Basketball….

Viewing 1 reply thread

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Utes meet the Gophers at the JMHC at 7pm MST Friday night.

Minnesota opened the season with home wins against SW Minnesota State (73-48), an exhibition game, and Cleveland State (85-50) of the Horizon League.

Gophers most recently lost to Oklahoma 71-62 in a tournament in Souix Falls, SD.  Double-doubles from Christian Dolittle and Brady Manek sealed the deal for the Sooners as they put together a 23-4 second half run, shooting 62% from the field in the 2nd half after a slow first half (24%).  Minnesota had 8 made 3s but took 32 outside shots (25% made percent), Gopher guard Payton Willis was 4 of 12 in downtown shooting, while Marcus Carr (G) led the team in scoring (16) and rebounding (10) while going only 1-6 in 3-pt shots.   OU held the margin in rebounding (42-37) and turnovers (9-13).

You can scout the Gophers on FS1 Tuesday evening as they square-off against Bulter Bulldogs at 6:30 pm MST.

FountainofUte
      Ute Fan
      @fountainofute

This game has my attention. I chalked it up to a loss before the season started. Now, not so sure. I think we can win this.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Minnesota Basketball….