Moving…

Viewing 9 reply threads

NavyUte
      Ute Fan
      @navyute

So a few of us a few months ago were discussing places to live… Well I am retiring after way too many years in the Navy, the options were: Utah, Colorado, whOregon, Washington. Looks like the wife secured a job in Bellingham, and we are headed to Anacortes. Tacoma and Puget better have a pony keg ready.  I hope we can get a group for the November game together.

I will not miss the DC traffic.

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

Welcome back! Anacortes and Bellingham are wonderful, I love those areas. And the only time you will see traffic is when you lose your mind and decide to drive down to Seattle…

I will need to stop in Anacortes and pick you up for the Round the County race sometime.

NavyUte
      Ute Fan
      @navyute

Thanks! I’d better look this race up! Feel free to stop by for a beer on me.

NavyUte
      Ute Fan
      @navyute

NavyUte
      Ute Fan
      @navyute

Crap Tony, I am not a cyber guy as you can see.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Use the “add link” thingy.  It either looks like a chain link or says link.  Then make a name for the link instead of that long stuff.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

There’s a ferry to Belllingham from Anacortes?   Seems kind of a long commute.

NavyUte
        Ute Fan
        @navyute

About 45 mins on the road. Hell of a lot better than DC traffic.

Minnesota Ute
      Ute Fan
      @minnesotaute

My parents lived for quite a while in Birch Bay, they really enjoyed it but eventually caved to the pull of AZ.

autahfan
      Ute Fan
      @autahfan

Congratulations and thanks for your service.

Guba
      Ute Fan
      @guba

I have a bunch of relatives that live in Marysville, Smoky Point, Lake Stevens, and Everett areas. I could retire up there quite easily.

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

The correct answer was Colorado, we have a Trillion dollar VA medical facility that should be finished sometime before 2050, and may be $999Trillion by then. I’m sure Navy Vet’s, when it is finished, should have top rate care. Or they’ll hire all the doctors on the cheap and hope to recoup the lost $$$ in about 200 years.

However you also has the correct answer of getting out of DC. So since the “more” correct answer is leaving DC, I’ll give you a pass. Lived in NoVA for 8 years, 90 minutes in to work, 120 minutes home.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Moving…