My hopes for the PAC12 this weekend

Viewing 5 reply threads
      12 1

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Utah over OSU

Oregon over CU

WSU over ASU (I know some want to see gameday when we play ASU.  I just want ASU to lose.)

USC over Notre Dame (This is a double edge sword.  We need USC to lose a couple more conference games.  I don’t want a win over ND to give them confidence.  However, the conference needs this win.)

UW over Arizona

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Works for me. 

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

Yup, hard to root for the favorite over the underdog, but I want the South broken and bleeding with Utah as the clear winner. Rooting for Oregon over CU is especially difficult, but if it helps Utah, I can deal with it.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Yep.  My favorite teams are Utah and any Pac-12 north team playing a Pac-12 south team. 

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

I agree with everything except USC. I want SC bruised battered and demoralized for the rest of there PAC games. Beating ND would give an extremely talented SC  team  too big of a boost.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

As I said, I understand not wanting USC to gain any confidence.  So, I could be happy either way.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I want Zona to beat UW. I hate UW as everyone knows. 

Oregon could do us some favors. 

Wazzu and Stanford I always want them to win except when they play Utah. Classy fan bases and I like Leach. I really like Shaw. Respect all around. 

I always want Asu to lose. 

Go Trojans!

Matthew Thomas Castleton
      Ute Fan
      @mcastleton928

I actually want ASU to have the best record possible (other than us beating them next week). This is because I want them to be a factor if there is a three-team tie for the South. If we beat ASU, and ASU then beats USC in Tempe on November 9th, all three teams would have lost on the road against one and beaten the other at home. Wouldn’t that negate the head-to-head tiebreaker USC has over us if we, ASU, and USC all were to finish tied? Under my understanding, it would then go to the next tiebreaker, which is record vs. South Division teams right? The first tiebreaker in a multi-team tiebreaker scenario is record in games amongst the three tied teams. Well, if that is the case, all of Utah, USC, and ASU would be 1-1 (Utah lost @ USC but beat ASU, USC lost @ ASU but beat Utah, ASU lost @ Utah but beat USC).
      Pac-12 Football Championship Game tiebreaker explanation

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football My hopes for the PAC12 this weekend