Nebraska head coaching job

Viewing 1 reply thread
      4 1

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Has Roscoe Mendenhall removed himself from the list of Nebraska coaching candidates yet? ASU?

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

Think he would fit right in at Nebraska. ASU… Not so much.

fosternano
        Ute Fan
        @fosternano

It would be hilarious to see him try and coach at ASU 😂

I don’t think ASU will get many great or even good applicants. With the looming sanctions and the dying conference….good luck.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

he was successful at Virginia which had been bad for over a decade before he got there. other than that he coached at the parochial school, why do you think he wouldn’t be good at ASU?

PlainsUte
            Ute Fan
            @plainsute

Can’t speak for fosternano but ASU is used to getting top recruits from SoCal and Arizona (and doing nothing with them), while Roscoe might be a better at coaching-up players his persona and recruiting shtick may not work for the kind of athletes they are used to bringing in.  Personally I don’t know if he’s improved his recruiting style and pitch while at UVa, maybe he’s improved/retooled since leaving Provostan.

2008 National Champ
              Ute Fan
              @cptmrgn05

ASU hasn’t pulled a blue chip from Arizona since 2017. They hoped the interim coach would change that since he was successful at Chandler.

After Erickson, Graham and Edwards I think they’d be happy to have someone who can run a clean program and win games.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Not even if he moved the practice facilities to Gilbert?

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Nebraska head coaching job