Need to come clean….

Viewing 4 reply threads

idahoute
      Ute Fan
      @tfute

Not that anyone remembers or D.Llyod cares but last year and this year pre-season I was a little bit critical and big time skeptical of the LB’s abilities.  I have obviously been proven wrong (I even stated I hoped as much) with his 1st team All Pac-12 honor.  I still wish he had stayed in coverage preventing the final score in the UW game but that aside a tremendous show of growth and improvement.  I don’t think he is NFL ready but if he stays for another year I will watch with confidence.  Happy for him.

On another note…It can not be overstated how huge that last win was for the team.  The attitude for the whole off season will be remarkably different.  The momentum will carry into all aspects of the program.  We lose that game and badly like it appeared… 2021 would be different.  Fist pump for Whitt, the team and especially Lisk.  If you haven’t listened to Lisk’s post game interview on ESPN 700 you should.  What a classy player.  #legend

Merry Christmas Ute Nation.  Do good and fear no man! Semper Fi…

3 1

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

He’s not ready? Based on what? Leading tackler on last years defense that sent 9 to the NFL, leading tackler on this years defense. Butkus award finalist, highest rated linebacker in the PAC 12, first tram all PAC 12. Highest rated coverage linebacker in the PAC 12 two years in a row. Sheesh, I’m sorry but the choice is his and the evidence is there IMO.

idahoute
      Ute Fan
      @tfute

True, what do I know. I was wrong before. It’s weird though, we’ve had a lot of great LB’s in the program and subjectively it seems he gets a lot of clean up tackles but isn’t as disruptive in the backfield as others in the past. Whatever, just wanted to clear my conscience and on the record state he is a great player. Will see what the NFL scouts think soon enough.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Lloyd is ready. And I’m happy with whatever he decides. Either go to the lead or come back. If he comes back great. But if he gets paid that’s great.

Northendzone Ute5
      Ute Fan
      @northendzoneute5

What about Manny Bowen??!!

Jk

idahoute
      Ute Fan
      @tfute

Paul

Sylvester

Norris

Hansen

Bernard

in that order 

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

Reilly needs to be on there.

Barton over Bernard

1 1

Distantute
      Ute Fan
      @distantute

Can tell you guys just started watching utah football this past decade. Anthony Davis has to be on the list.

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

a little reductive.,, i was at the U when Sean Knox was a true freshman All-WAC.

My list would cover a lot more time than his, was just offering a couple of suggestions.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Need to come clean….