New QB Commit

Viewing 9 reply threads

FormerUteSax
      Ute Fan
      @formerutesax

https://twitter.com/matthew_piper/status/656527613389762560

Former Fusky QB

• This topic was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by FormerUteSax.

oc_ute
      Ute Fan
      @ocute

nice get. he was a 4 star recruit a few years back with a boat load of offers!

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Troy-Williams-101102

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Bill Riley said we now have “a quarterback for 2016.” Did we not have one before?

Astute Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tstruct

I think it was Piper,not sure but someone posted that he’s Senior’s cousin. Who also went to SMC. Hope he has that Smith like attitude.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Who is ‘Senior’??

Anonymous
      Inactive

Troy Williams highlights at Washington:

I think we really should offer and pursue the top JC QB recruit in the nation, I forget his name, but he’s being pursued by Auburn and a bunch of loser schools. After a season in the top 5, we ought to stop at nothing short than the best QB we can find for next year.

quagmire
      Ute Fan
      @quagmire

Hope he ends up being better than the other transfer qbs….Cain, Hays, Thompson.

UTE98
        Ute Fan
        @ute98

I’m baffled that you hope he is better than Hays or Cain.

Were they the best QBs we’ve ever had? No. But we got some good run with Hays, within one game of the Pac12 Championship.

Cain was 7-1 when Wynn took over, he was no slouch.

And let’s not forget Brett Ratliff, the JC QB who helped us beat BYU in his first start, and played in the NFL over BJ.

quagmire
          Ute Fan
          @quagmire

Seriously? Cain played in the mountain west and if I recall, struggled against those teams. As always, the defense won the majority of the games.

Hays, although I applaud his effort was not a pac qb. The wolfman led the team, and when he went out against Colorado, Utah couldn’t do anything right. The only reason Utah was in that position for the p12 cg was because sanctions on usc.

But if you’re okay with that type of qb leading the football team, you have low expectations.

Anonymous
      Inactive

If you look at this commits ststs in HS and at JC, he blows TW away in every category. 15 TD vs 4 INTs. 300+’yards per game 65 to 68% completion rate. Average yards per attempt is 10+. This kid should be a good one. No surprise they’re moving Hansen to D.

Anonymous
        Inactive

He really struggled in his only start at Washington, but he was a true freshman at the time and who knows what kind of help he had around him.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Troy Williams stats at Santa Monica College:

STATISTICS CATEGORY OVERALL CONF
      Completions 98 42
      Attempts 150 61
      Completion % 65.3% 68.9%
      Yards 1582 640
      Yards per game 316.4 320.0
      Yards per attempt 10.5 10.5
      Touchdowns 15 5
      Interceptions 4 0
      Sacks 4 2
      Yards lost 22 9

Utemachine
      Ute Fan
      @utemachine

palos_verdes_ute
      Ute Fan
      @palos-verdes-ute

been following this kid since he was jr in HS. seen him play a few times as his HS is down the road from me. first off, a lot of huskies disappointed in his talent progression at washington. second, he has a lot of character issues (read: hatfield) that a lot of people are concerned.

but im totally stoked he is on board.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football New QB Commit