New rumors, Utes to ACC

Viewing 6 reply threads

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Just a rumor, take it for what it’s worth. Imo this is the best the Utes can do right now.
      twitter link

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Wow…this is worse than the Big 10 regarding distance, closest school in Indiana.

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @rickyrules

Who is in Indiana?  Notre Dame is not in the ACC in Football.

2 3

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

Sorry, my mom is in Indiana. I thought she was in the ACC. I just checked with her. She’s not.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Am I incorrect about the distance? I am relying on google maps. Please advise.

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

MHVer knows nothing. Has been posting realignment nonsense since like 2012

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Does anyone know anything?

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Yeah that’s why I said take it for what it’s worth. He did call the USC/UCLA thing correctly though.

3 6

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

I’m dead serious about this, I’d rather be in the Mountain West, though, admittedly staying aligned though with Washington, Oregon, and Stanford does light some intrigue for me. One thing that is a no go from the start is being added to that horrendous GOR they have. No way do I want the Utes saddled with that in the very unlikely event the B1G or SEC want to expand again. 

My desired destination is the Big12, there, I said it.

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

Ok…just my thought but nothing much changes when we align with the ACC. There would be a West group (Pac teams) and an East group (ACC 14). Home and away preseason games against each other and then the normal conference 8-9 game schedule against teams on your coast. Same with basketball. 18 games against Pac 12 teams and maybe an additional trip (2) to ACC country. Increases tv payouts AND keeps you with an actual Power conference. Aligns better academically too. Makes you the clear 3rd conference so when the Big Merge happens you’re in.

ACC is the best option today IMO…the Big12 just added 4 G5 teams so there have and will continue to be questions about whether or not they’re actually a power conference without TX and OU. We would immediately improve that but it could still be argued the ACC is equal to or better. Then do the math after you take another 2-4 teams from the Big12…not close to the same level of competition.

SEC is stuck with the ACC GOR…they want to act now as a response to the B10 but have to get closer to 2030 to manage the buyouts and they frankly don’t need to do anything with TX/OK already in.

RedRocks
          Ute Fan
          @hypodactylus

Yeah, that sounds like it could work. Probably better than the Big 12, but lacking the history we have with some teams in the Pac 12 and the Big 12. Also, not sure about the stability of the ACC right now either (even with the GOR situation).

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Can you expound on what you mean by the big merge?

Onlyu
            Ute Fan
            @uf8fl

The 44-64 that break away from the NCAA in the next 10 years and have their own big boy football league.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

This was my thought to. I felt the ncaa was going to be dead faster than that. I think I said by 2025 as a nice round number once the whole NIL thing finally settled. 

AlohaUte
          Ute Fan
          @alohaute

Sigh, you always make everything better even when I want to be despondent

RedRocks
      Ute Fan
      @hypodactylus

Seems like there is a ‘flavor’ of rumor for every kind of Ute fan: Pac10, B1G, B12, ACC, SEC, etc. Everyone is throwing their **** at the wall to see what sticks.

If only there was some way to get USC and UCLA to change their minds; I think the Pac12 was our best option.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Absolutely agree 💯. But we are where we are and rumors can be kinda fun to follow and speculate on.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

That’s not bad.  Much better than the Big XII anyway.

fosternano
      Ute Fan
      @fosternano

I agree the PAC10-ACC looks much more tempting as an offer. Having games against Clemson, Florida state, Virginia tech, etc would be great, plus the normal west coast teams.

The BIG12 is going to be a bit of a mess as they figure out their new identity. I also REALLY don’t want Utah to be in the same conference as TSPP.

Plus with the larger conference there might be more in conference games and it would be just another reason for Utah to dump TSPP from their schedule.

NashvilleUte
        Ute Fan
        @nashvilleute05

Agree. My stomach turns any time I hear the word Alliance or Loose Partnership… The failboat’s sinking!

Aside from an invite to the B1G or SEC, this proposal is easily my preference. The PAC is slowly bleeding out and travel issues for the athletes aside, I’d much rather play teams in the ACC than the Weak12. Plus, I’d bet there’s better exposure playing ACC teams too. I’d also love to avoid being in the same conference as TDS… Last point is purely selfish, but I live in Nashville and would love the Utes playing closer! Also sick and tired of the super late games!

Washington, Oregon and Stanford are a better bunch to stick with than Colorado and the Arizona’s… Obviously Stanford is mentioned to keep Norte Dame if possible.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football New rumors, Utes to ACC