Next Years LBs

Viewing 5 reply threads

WasatchRanger
      Ute Fan
      @luke8675

Anyone have any insight into Ethan Calvert potentially being a starting LB next year? With Diabate coming in I assume he will start, but I have heard a lot of names thrown around for the other LB spots. I feel like I haven’t heard Calvert as much. Guy was a stud recruit, guess I’m just surprised I haven’t heard about him having an inside track.

Who do you think the 2 deep LBs will be?

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

Hoping Lander Barton is as good as advertised and starts alongside Diabate

mfaulk80
      Ute Fan
      @mfaulk80

Ethan Calvert was hurt his first play on special teams against Weber State, and Colton Swan hinted that it was a very serious injury back in like October.  There is speculation that there is at least a possibility that it could be career ending….though that’s definitely just fan speculation based on that Swan comment. 

WasatchRanger
        Ute Fan
        @luke8675

I knew he got hurt, didn’t know it might be career ending. Shoot. Hopefully he can heal up and eventually get back.

Redblood
      Ute Fan
      @redblood

I would assume Karene Reid will start at one of the spots. He played a lot last year as a freshman and balled out.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Reid and Furey are solid back-ups that will get a lot of PT. Reid reminds me of Cody Barton in his first couple seasons at LB at Utah. Raw, tough, nose for the ball instincts. Improved every year at Utah including his sideline to sideline speed and LB pass rush. Worked his butt off and ends up with a $3 million contract-4 years in the NFL with more to come. Cody lands another 3-4 year contract he is set for life. Can come back and coach at Utah someday.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

If Ethan gets healthy again, his beginning is at a higher level than any other Utah LB ever.  Tufaga, Reynolds and Josh will all figure in as much as Reid and Furey.  Diabate will be in the mix to start and there could still be a suprise from someone like Mata’afa.  One thru six on the depth chart will be maybe the strongest LB group we have had, but without a individual LB as good as Lloyd yet.  Hopefully, Lloyd left his culture stamp on the room as others become intent on following his preperation footsteps.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Next Years LBs