Nice choice Keller!!

Viewing 6 reply threads

SantaVaca
      Ute Fan
      @santavaca

Great win tonight. Hopefully these are the types of wins that get us back to the Damce

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

The BB team is much deeper than last year and shoots better. We will get better still if Smith becomes eligible.

Jim Vanderhoof
        Ute Fan
        @jvhoofs

Charley I’m hoping Smith is a point guard that can penetrate and get to the basket. I’m unfamiliar with his status and position?

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

Smith is a 6 foot PG that adds quickness and athleticism to the team. WF also had a player waiting for a transfer to be approved. The process at the NCAA is broken and needs to be simple enough to resolve in 2 weeks.

Jim Vanderhoof
            Ute Fan
            @jvhoofs

Thanks Charlie. That exactly what we need!! He could help. Unbelievable the NCAA can leave players and teams hanging. Glad they have the student athletes interests at heart.

Staples
            Ute Fan
            @staples

Agreed, the waiver process is completely broken and it’s not fair to the players or the teams. If they can’t make a ruling by the time the season starts, the kid should be eligible.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Brandon Carlson (31 points) is him.

2 7

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Tonight was the first time I’ve watched Utes basketball since the Delon Wright and Jakob Poeltl days. They looked pretty good, especially on defense. I have no idea if Wake Forest is any good, but still. Hopefully they can actually do something this year.

Maybe the funniest part of the game was someone in the crowd yelling ” hey number zero, I can see your magic underwear!” 😂.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Wake Forest is a decent team (picked to finish 6th in the ACC):and this was a pseudo home game for them. Nice Quadrant 1 win for the Utes. Now, if Utah can beat Houston tomorrow, we might be on to something.

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

Keller graduated with my daughter. He helped his team win twice State championships. He seemed to show up at clutch moments, or when teams p**sed him off. Otherwise he played casual. He was not the gritty defensive player. Surprised he played as well as he did tonight. Had his best game to date for WF.

Not a bad kid, just never really had to do much in HS.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Tale of two halves tonight. One half we had 9 turnovers and WF shot 70% from three. The next half we only had 2 turnovers, and their final 3pt percentage was 40% (which is a great night still, but much worse than 70).

Brandon Carlson is very good. 31 pts and 5 blocks.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Remember how I said I usually only watch one game a year to check in and it’s usually BYU and I usually leave frustrated and don’t come back?

Well, I watched last night, it was a lot of fun, and I’ll be back!

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Nice choice Keller!!